Trump's new Tax Law

Issues of a more global nature: National Politics, etc.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com
Post Reply
User avatar
JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 9788
Joined: Jul Fri 02, 2004 1:01 am
Location: Marshfield

Trump's new Tax Law

Post by JIMD » Jan Mon 01, 2018 7:34 am

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/31/busi ... v=top-news

The is absolutely funny stuff. If I didn't know it was January 1 I swear it has to be April 1. Liberal Democrats trying to find ways to weasel out of paying their fair share and pissing and moaning about how the burden is to high.

The NY Times did not even mention the irony
Good Dog

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 6983
Joined: May Mon 22, 2000 1:01 am
Location: just above Vinebrook

Re: Trump's new Tax Law

Post by bobkat » Jan Mon 01, 2018 2:41 pm

JIMMY. do you understand SALT when it comes to the new tax law. You live in Massachusetts where you have property Taxes,Excise Taxes , Sale Taxes, Mortgage interest and Income Taxes. If they add up to more than 10 thousand dollars .The amount over 10 thousand can not be deducted against your federal income. So I don't see that as any type of funny stuff. This tax bill will hurt home sales . Also another thing how about the child deduction on your federal income . This is the last year for one thousand dollar deduction per child for any child dependent of the parents. Yes it does increase to two thousand dollars but cap at age 16 years old. The best part for all you right wingers .Is that the tax cuts for individuals end in 2025 but the caps stay. Marco Rubio voted for the tax bill but now states it has gone to far and it will hurt people.

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 12279
Joined: Jun Mon 15, 2009 11:27 am

Re: Trump's new Tax Law

Post by specialties » Jan Mon 01, 2018 4:14 pm

The best part for all you right wingers
Is that we won and we are not sore winners... Go tell it to chuckie...

Really, you should write for rachael mad cow...
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

User avatar
JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 9788
Joined: Jul Fri 02, 2004 1:01 am
Location: Marshfield

Re: Trump's new Tax Law

Post by JIMD » Jan Mon 01, 2018 6:28 pm

I understand completely liberal democrats are pissed, but it's your patriotic duty to pay your fair share why are you still pissed?

I thought liberal democrats had always wanted to pay more, that's what you moonbats always, and I mean always wanted.

Little Marco should have voted against it, if he felt like he should have voted against it Don't cha think?

if it'll make you feel better write your check to Donald Trump. =)) =)) =))
Good Dog

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 3123
Joined: Mar Sun 20, 2011 4:34 pm
Location: Marshfield

Re: Trump's new Tax Law

Post by HokieAl » Jan Tue 02, 2018 9:40 am

bobkat wrote:
Jan Mon 01, 2018 2:41 pm
JIMMY. do you understand SALT when it comes to the new tax law.
Should have eliminated SALT completely. It didn't go far enough. SALT means that high tax states are being subsidized by low tax states. Eliminating it means that citizens of high tax states can complain to their state about the high taxes rather than letting the state take more from the fed.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 3123
Joined: Mar Sun 20, 2011 4:34 pm
Location: Marshfield

Re: Trump's new Tax Law

Post by HokieAl » Jan Tue 02, 2018 10:04 am

JIMD wrote:
Jan Mon 01, 2018 7:34 am
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/31/busi ... v=top-news

The is absolutely funny stuff. If I didn't know it was January 1 I swear it has to be April 1. Liberal Democrats trying to find ways to weasel out of paying their fair share and pissing and moaning about how the burden is to high.

The NY Times did not even mention the irony
More funny stuff.

http://www.bostonherald.com/opinion/op_ ... tax_reform

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 4652
Joined: Jan Wed 05, 2005 1:01 am

Re: Trump's new Tax Law

Post by Joseph » Jan Tue 02, 2018 7:36 pm

https://savejersey.com/2017/10/salt-ded ... ew-jersey/

But many millionaires could flee states like Mass. and NJ.

The SALT reductions make state Dembot politicians think twice about raising taxes --so THAT'S a GOOD thing.
Why do so many officials FEAR and kowtow to the Marshfield Airport gang?

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 6983
Joined: May Mon 22, 2000 1:01 am
Location: just above Vinebrook

Re: Trump's new Tax Law

Post by bobkat » Jan Wed 03, 2018 9:51 am

HokieAl wrote:
Jan Tue 02, 2018 9:40 am
bobkat wrote:
Jan Mon 01, 2018 2:41 pm
JIMMY. do you understand SALT when it comes to the new tax law.
Should have eliminated SALT completely. It didn't go far enough. SALT means that high tax states are being subsidized by low tax states. Eliminating it means that citizens of high tax states can complain to their state about the high taxes rather than letting the state take more from the fed.
HokieAl your statement about low tax states subsidizing high tax states is false. It is a talking point from the GOP. But here is a fact "New York gets 56 cents back for every dollar and California gets 64 cents. But states such as North Dakota, South Carolina, Alabama, Kentucky, West Virginia and Indiana get more than two dollars back in federal spending for every dollar in taxes." Oh Massachusetts gets a lot back in the form of a subsidy $0.28 on every federal tax dollar sent to the federal government. Please stop slinging your crap.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 3123
Joined: Mar Sun 20, 2011 4:34 pm
Location: Marshfield

Re: Trump's new Tax Law

Post by HokieAl » Jan Wed 03, 2018 10:07 am

bobkat wrote:
Jan Wed 03, 2018 9:51 am
Please stop slinging your crap.
You obviously can't think for yourself and need to use Google to get your fake info.

Low tax states' citizens cannot deduct their state taxes from their federal taxes since they aren't paying any. High tax states' citizens don't pay as much as they otherwise would since they're deducting the taxes they paid to the state from their federal liability. It's very simply to understand. Enough with your dimwitted fake facts.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 6983
Joined: May Mon 22, 2000 1:01 am
Location: just above Vinebrook

Re: Trump's new Tax Law

Post by bobkat » Jan Wed 03, 2018 3:08 pm

HokieAl wrote:
Jan Wed 03, 2018 10:07 am
bobkat wrote:
Jan Wed 03, 2018 9:51 am
Please stop slinging your crap.
You obviously can't think for yourself and need to use Google to get your fake info.

Low tax states' citizens cannot deduct their state taxes from their federal taxes since they aren't paying any. High tax states' citizens don't pay as much as they otherwise would since they're deducting the taxes they paid to the state from their federal liability. It's very simply to understand. Enough with your dimwitted fake facts.
HokieAl if you think my facts are fake. Then put up or shut up the facts with the amount of federal money paid in each state and the amount the states get back in federal aid. I know you won't be able to. Why don't you move to one of those red states and tell us how those states serve there residents .

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 3123
Joined: Mar Sun 20, 2011 4:34 pm
Location: Marshfield

Re: Trump's new Tax Law

Post by HokieAl » Jan Wed 03, 2018 3:46 pm

Face it bobkat. You're stuck in a bit of hypocrisy here. You want high taxes (for everyone besides you), but you don't like the idea of eliminating the deduction. If you weren't a hypocrite, you would have been sending in all the money that everyone else deducts all along.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 6983
Joined: May Mon 22, 2000 1:01 am
Location: just above Vinebrook

Re: Trump's new Tax Law

Post by bobkat » Jan Wed 03, 2018 5:01 pm

HokieAl wrote:
Jan Wed 03, 2018 3:46 pm
Face it bobkat. You're stuck in a bit of hypocrisy here. You want high taxes (for everyone besides you), but you don't like the idea of eliminating the deduction. If you weren't a hypocrite, you would have been sending in all the money that everyone else deducts all along.
HokieAl are you on drugs. Massachusetts ranks number one state to live in the United States.

10-yr. population growth: 9.9% (22nd lowest)

Oct. unemployment rate: 3.3% (8th lowest)

Poverty rate: 11.5% (14th lowest)

Life expectancy at birth: 80.2 years (5th highest)

the top ten states to live in the United States are blue states.

We got to be number one place to live because put the people of Massachusetts first .

America’s worst states to live in 2017. They are all red states.

1. ALABAMA
2016 Quality of Life rank: No. 43

2. LOUISIANA
2016 Quality of Life rank: No. 47

3. OKLAHOMA
2016 Quality of Life rank: No. 48

4. ARKANSAS
2016 Quality of Life rank: No. 50

5. MISSOURI
2016 Quality of Life rank: No. 49

6. INDIANA
2016 Quality of Life rank: No. 45

7. MISSISSIPPI
2016 Quality of Life rank: No. 44

9. (tie) TENNESSEE
2016 Quality of Life rank: No. 46

9. (tie) NEW MEXICO
2016 Quality of Life rank: No. 36

10. KENTUCKY
2016 Quality of Life rank: No. 42

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 3123
Joined: Mar Sun 20, 2011 4:34 pm
Location: Marshfield

Re: Trump's new Tax Law

Post by HokieAl » Jan Wed 03, 2018 5:11 pm

Bobkat do you know what a non sequitur is?

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 6983
Joined: May Mon 22, 2000 1:01 am
Location: just above Vinebrook

Re: Trump's new Tax Law

Post by bobkat » Jan Wed 03, 2018 6:38 pm

HokieAl wrote:
Jan Wed 03, 2018 5:11 pm
Bobkat do you know what a non sequitur is?
HokieAl yes I do but the fallacy is your statement that "SALT means that high tax states are being subsidized by low tax states"

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 3123
Joined: Mar Sun 20, 2011 4:34 pm
Location: Marshfield

Re: Trump's new Tax Law

Post by HokieAl » Jan Wed 03, 2018 7:04 pm

They're sending the full amount in. No discounts. Liberal high tax states are fleecing low tax states.

Post Reply