Cliven Bundy -- The Gift That Keeps On Giving...

Issues of a more global nature: National Politics, etc.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com
HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Cliven Bundy -- The Gift That Keeps On Giving...

Post by HokieAl » Jun Thu 12, 2014 9:42 am

They went to his camp, he didn't go to theirs.

That's quite a leap to assume that he sympathizes with whackos like that.

Based on that logic, your buddy Obama likes domestic terrorists since Ayers likes Obama.

Mac66
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Mac66 » Jun Thu 12, 2014 12:12 pm

Going back to 1995 to slop this discussion up doesn't help your case. Fact: they went to Bundy's place, got interviewed for local tv while there, stood with him and his buddies, etc.

Someone in Bundy's camp tossed them; and maybe that's too bad.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Jun Thu 12, 2014 12:29 pm

Mac66 wrote:Going back to 1995 to slop this discussion up doesn't help your case.
Since you didn't understand that I was using that example to illustrate your logic, do I really need to explain that if one person is a fan of another, that it doesn't mean that the reverse is true?

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Jun Thu 12, 2014 12:31 pm

Mac said..... Someone in Bundy's camp tossed them; and maybe that's too bad.

Why's it to bad?
Good Dog

Marshead
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Marshead » Jun Thu 12, 2014 2:06 pm

Barack Obama never participated in or endorsed any element of Bill Ayer's 1970s agenda or activities. He served, along with Bill Ayers and many others, on the board of a charitable foundation in the 1990s -- with a mission that had ZERO to do with Bill Ayer's 1970s agenda or activities.

These murderous right-wing fruit loops stood shoulder-to-shoulder with Clive Bundy a month or two ago -- supporting him, both in spirit and with their weapons, in his kooky, paranoid jihad against the federal government. Along with a lot of other militia types.

In other words, there is a vast gulf between Bill Ayer's agenda and activities in the 1970's and Barack Obama, who was about 10 years old when Ayer's was active with the Weather Underground. Conversely, there is a razor-thin gap between these particular militia kooks and the rest of the gang on Clive Bundy's ranch, several of whom threatened, while on camera, to do just what these people actually did -- kill law enforcement officials for doing their jobs. The connection between Ayer's terrorist activities and Barack Obama was thinner than Sarah Palin's reading list, yet that didn't stop the right-wing media (and the Forum's right-wing chorus) from trying to hang Ayers around Obama's neck. And yet, you now try to take the position that it is unfair guilt-by-association to associate these murderers with Bundy and his armed gang of militia supporters? Um, sure...
[color=#FF0000]The Law Offices of John S. Keating: A General Practice Law Firm Offering Personal Attention and Timely, AFFORDABLE Legal Services to South Shore Residents & Businesses: 617-285-8113. [url]http://www.johnkeatinglaw.com[/url]; chip@johnkeatinglaw.com.[/color]

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Jun Thu 12, 2014 2:26 pm

Bundy's peeps tossed the yahoos out for thier words, Barry associated with Bill knowing he was involved in terror and murder, huge difference. I know you being a donk that wont ever sink in, but that's your problem
Good Dog

Marshead
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Marshead » Jun Thu 12, 2014 2:50 pm

Every single person on the Bundy ranch is a certified, paranoid yahoo -- and they all have the exact same pro-gun, anti-government agenda. In that regard, they have much in common with 1970s-era Bill Ayers.
[color=#FF0000]The Law Offices of John S. Keating: A General Practice Law Firm Offering Personal Attention and Timely, AFFORDABLE Legal Services to South Shore Residents & Businesses: 617-285-8113. [url]http://www.johnkeatinglaw.com[/url]; chip@johnkeatinglaw.com.[/color]

MCasper
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
facebook ID: citrushills

Post by MCasper » Jun Thu 12, 2014 2:58 pm

Marshead wrote:Maybe this part escaped your notice:
Maybe you missed this part ...
The couple who allegedly killed two Las Vegas police officers and another person before committing suicide on Sunday were apparently strong supporters Cliven Bundy, the controversial Nevada rancher who engaged in a tense standoff with the federal government earlier this year.

On Monday, new local news footage emerged of one of the alleged killers speaking at the Bundy ranch. The couple, identified as Jerad and Amanda Miller, were reportedly told to leave the Bundy ranch after it became known that Jerad was a felon.

Miller later complained about being asked to leave the Bundy ranch due to his past felony conviction for auto theft.

“I was out there but they told me and my wife to leave because I am a felon."
Somehow I doubt you missed it though?

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Jun Thu 12, 2014 6:58 pm

Barry should have done the same as Bundy, Barry knew Bill was a criminal, he should have not had any contact.

Marshhead would you hang out with someone who you knew was involved in killing people

Not me or anyone with me.
Good Dog

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Jun Thu 12, 2014 7:06 pm

Barry should have done the same as Bundy, Barry knew Bill was a criminal, he should have not had any contact.

Marshhead would you hang out with someone who you knew was involved in killing people

Not me or anyone with me

Hanging out with Bill Ayers would have been a cool thing to do for a disgruntled Negro with a chip on his shoulder.
Drinking 40 oz and getting stoned with a killer, Right On bro. I can dig it. Whitey is the devil
Good Dog

Mark Melia
Resident
Resident

Post by Mark Melia » Jun Thu 12, 2014 7:10 pm

JIMD wrote:Barry should have done the same as Bundy, Barry knew Bill was a criminal, he should have not had any contact.

Not me or anyone with me

Hanging out with Bill Ayers would have been a cool thing to do for a disgruntled Negro with a chip on his shoulder.
Drinking 40 oz and getting stoned with a killer, Right On bro. I can did it. Whitey is the devil
"Hanging out" and sitting on the board of a foundation with someone are not even close to the same thing. Hosting a "meet the candidate" at event at his house was probably somewhat poor judgment, but at that point Ayers was a Professor and everything else was 40yrs behind him. Doesn't indicate in anyway that they were buddies. As far as your other point about hanging with criminals and Bundy avoiding that, he'd have to excuse himself from himself as he is a criminal.

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Jun Thu 12, 2014 7:26 pm

You're screwed in the head. You or Marshhead do not know right from wrong, you truly dont

you should have picked up on it or have been taught

"Hanging out" and sitting on the board of a foundation with someone are not even close to the same thing.

No it's the same thing.... even more

Speak with the family members
Good Dog

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Jun Thu 12, 2014 8:27 pm

If it was a GOP guy who raped someone 40 years ago you both would be bombbastic right now.
Good Dog

Mark Melia
Resident
Resident

Post by Mark Melia » Jun Thu 12, 2014 10:23 pm

Not really Jim, I almost never bring up anything about Daryl Issas criminal background. Although receiving stolen goods, arson and grand theft are not as bad as bombing. Should everyone around him quit Congress because he is a criminal?
I don't agree with anything Ayers did but I do understand his motives. Also your assertion that Chip and I don't know right from wrong is silly. You are so anti Obama that if he was "hanging out" with Mother Teresa and handing out pills that cured cancer you would not be able to recognize him doing something good.

Mark Melia
Resident
Resident

Post by Mark Melia » Jun Thu 12, 2014 10:40 pm

Also, you might want to look up bombastic

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Jun Thu 12, 2014 11:06 pm

I think he meant ballistic. Though in Marshead's case it was a good word.

Mark Melia
Resident
Resident

Post by Mark Melia » Jun Thu 12, 2014 11:10 pm

That's funny Hokie. I know he meant ballistic, it's just fun to needle him. I imagine Jim is a very nice person just crazy partisan

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Jun Fri 13, 2014 5:54 am

On relative moral judgements:

On this we may agree that the best followers concerning earthly Masters and Apprentices of the Devine Mind are found in all strips of religion, skin color, background, nationality, social standing, and political systems...

I have been watching this for several decades since my own fervently conscience effort to rise above the gutter of our common human condition...

If I narrow the search to include only political beliefs then I have to stay hands down with Independent...

Although champions of the 'overworld' are found in all political parties, I have settled on Independent but as far as Dem vs. Repub. or Liberal vs. Conservative, there is still a scatter of moral and responsible living...

I perceive that moderate conservative republicans in their tug of war not only pull the opposition back and forth over the center line but that in my lifetime observation do rise above the human condition to a point of social acceptance and possibly more often in favor of the Deity depending on who or what we worship...

Watch and see for yourselves unless you are shackled to the dark side of earthly human nature...
Even there resides hope which can lead to ascent and transfiguration...

It's all about choices as I see it now... Good luck and good will to all...
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

Marshead
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Marshead » Jun Fri 13, 2014 2:02 pm

From Wikipedia:

1. The Mission Statement of the Woods Charitable Fund:
The fund describes itself as "a grantmaking foundation whose goal is to increase opportunities for less advantaged people and communities in the metropolitan area, including the opportunity to shape decisions affecting them. The foundation works primarily as a funding partner with nonprofit organizations. Woods supports nonprofits in their important roles of engaging people in civic life, addressing the causes of poverty and other challenges facing the region, promoting more effective public policies, reducing racism and other barriers to equal opportunity, and building a sense of community and common ground."
Pretty positive -- and harmless -- stuff. I don't see anything about bombs, bombings, overthrowing the federal government, shooting federal law enforcement officials, or mooching off federal land.

2. Bill Ayers joins the Board of Directors six years after Barack Obama, who, apparently, was supposed to quit in protest or something, even though Bill Ayers had served his time and become a college professor since his 1970s radical days:
In November 1993, Obama became one of the five founding directors of the Woods Fund of Chicago when it split off from the Lincoln, Nebraska-incorporated Woods Charitable Fund, and served as a director for nine years until December 2002. Ayers served as a director of the Woods Fund of Chicago for nine years from December 1999 until December 2008, overlapping with Obama for three years from December 1999 until December 2002. Laura S. Washington, chairwoman of the Woods Fund, said the small board had a collegial "friendly but businesslike" atmosphere, and met four times a year for a half-day, mostly to approve grants.
Meanwhile, the only difference between those murderous right-wing kooks and the rest of the far-right armed gang at the Bundy ranch is that they actually did what the others at the ranch had talked openly about doing, and got tossed off the Bundy ranch NOT because everyone else there found them too militant or crazy or radical, but because one of them had a criminal record for grand theft auto. Other than that, they fit right in.

If this were a prize fight, they would stop it...

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Jun Fri 13, 2014 5:23 pm

Mushy, Mushy,

Come, let us reason together... Sometime peoples have trubble with the ham handed and call for reserves... It's not like we have a billion al-Q warriors at our disposal like your earthy soul mates over there...
Ain't you glad you are not a Suny today?? Heads are rolling and you think they will cut you some slack for helping??

Give us a break, we're trying to do it the nice way... But even a beautiful animal like a ray is most deadly...

PLEASE don't push the yanks over the edge... Those tendencies are just not worth it...
Remember, they already scowl at their 'helpers' in highest disrespect and belligerence...
Why end up with two sets of enemies???

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Jun Sat 14, 2014 6:50 am

What's the evidence the two were right wing, they did get ousted from The Bundy Ranch.

You're just making stuff up. The two had a closer conection with Occupy ideology then right wing. The two were anti-capital/bussines and were avid pot advocates. They were left wing anarchist. We all know the left wing fanatics are far more likely to kill innocents

http://observer.com/2014/06/all-the-pre ... isconduct/

Barry has a history of associating with rotten people, Bill is just another example
Good Dog

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Jun Sat 14, 2014 7:14 am

Bombastic...Synonyms rhetorical, flatulent, fustian, gaseous, gassy, grandiloquent, oratorical, orotund, windy Antonymsunrhetorical

Related Wordsbloated, elevated, florid, flowery, grandiose, highfalutin (also hifalutin), high-flown, high-sounding, inflated, lofty, ornate, pompous, pontifical, pretentious, stilted, tumid, turgid; overdone, verbose, wordy

That's Marshead......I stand by my origianl post about you eggheads going Bombastic
Good Dog

MCasper
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by MCasper » Jun Sat 14, 2014 8:59 am

Mark Melia wrote:Not really Jim, I almost never bring up anything about Daryl Issa's criminal background. Although receiving stolen goods, arson and grand theft are not as bad as bombing. ...
Should everyone quit the forum because you pass around left wing exaggerations? Issa was not convicted of any of those crimes.

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Jun Sat 14, 2014 10:55 am

You can drive the honesty out of the boy, but they cannot take the alinski out of the young communists...

Lie, cheat, defraud, whine, all near the end of their road especially...
They can't say much good about their own so they pin the stink bombs on the good guys...

It's over...

* just needling... Nothing much is happening today... Rome still burning...

Mac66
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Mac66 » Jun Sat 14, 2014 3:18 pm

"Hanging out" and sitting on the board of a foundation with someone are not even close to the same thing.

No it's the same thing.... even more
Double the not even close. You meet monthly or less for a couple hours, make small talk, do business, leave. Collegial, not friendly.

Mac66
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Mac66 » Jun Sat 14, 2014 3:21 pm

Issa was not convicted of any of those crimes.
True enough. He was lucky to skate; is now the richest member of Congress.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Jun Sat 14, 2014 3:46 pm

John Kerry has far more money. Not even close.

Oops my bad. In the interest of transparency I won't delete my post.

MCasper
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by MCasper » Jun Sat 14, 2014 4:18 pm

Mac66 wrote:
Issa was not convicted of any of those crimes.
True enough. He was lucky to skate; is now the richest member of Congress.
That's one of my favorite parts of the American justice system

Innocent Lucky to skate until unless proven guilty.

8 of the top 10 richest are D's?
Rank Name Minimum Net Worth Average Maximum Net Worth
1 Darrell Issa (R-Calif) $330,380,031 $464,115,018 $597,850,005
2 Herb Kohl (D-Wis) $276,478,025 $329,913,009 $383,347,994
3 Mark Warner (D-Va) $96,221,316 $257,481,658 $418,742,000
4 John Kerry (D-Mass) $184,659,550 $236,592,306 $288,525,063
5 Jared Polis (D-Colo) $69,791,412 $197,945,705 $326,099,998
6 John K. Delaney (D-Md) $65,151,162 $154,601,580 $244,051,998
7 Michael McCaul (R-Texas) $102,547,780 $143,153,910 $183,760,040
8 Scott Peters (D-Calif) $27,518,090 $112,467,040 $197,415,991
9 Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn) $86,307,329 $103,803,192 $121,299,056
10 Jay Rockefeller (D-WVa) $63,269,025 $101,290,514 $139,312,004
What's your point?

Mark Melia
Resident
Resident

Post by Mark Melia » Jun Mon 16, 2014 6:14 pm

MCasper wrote:
Mark Melia wrote:Not really Jim, I almost never bring up anything about Daryl Issa's criminal background. Although receiving stolen goods, arson and grand theft are not as bad as bombing. ...
Should everyone quit the forum because you pass around left wing exaggerations? Issa was not convicted of any of those crimes.

OJ wasn't convicted of murder, do you think he was innocent? Issa pleaded guilty to a concealed weapon charge. Issa somehow skated on the other charges. Must just be a weird coincidence that he kept getting indicted and arrested.

In 1972 Issa was arrested and charged with stealing a Maserati. Prosecutors dropped the charge.

Later he was stopped for driving the wrong way on a one-way street. The policeman saw a weapon in his glove box and arrested him for carrying a concealed weapon. He pled guilty and was sentenced to six months’ probation and was fined.
He was nineteen when he was arrested for stealing the Maserati. He was in his twenties (1980) when he was again arrested – grand theft auto, this time. Issa and his brother were indicted for grand theft. Some things happened after that, having to do with making deals, it appears, with the dealership that claimed Issa and his brother had stolen a car from them. Then the prosecutor dropped the charges.

The following year Issa drove his car into another motorist’s car on the highway. He told the other motorist that he didn’t have time to wait for the police. He left the scene. She sued Issa for $20,000, and settled out of court with him.

Then there was that suspicious fire in 1982. Fires started in two places in a building. The fire was aided by an accelerant such as gasoline. I assume the building was owned by Issa, because the story goes that Issa increased the insurance on the building just before the fire by 462%, and he removed all the expensive computer equipment before the fire, too. The insurance company was suspicious and only paid out $25,000 on the fire.
I am sure he is a great, honest guy, just bad luck with the law........

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Jun Mon 16, 2014 7:30 pm

OJ wasn't convicted of murder, do you think he was innocent?
cough cough... He was convicted of wrongful death cuz of the red shoe prints... Why else is he in the can and had to pay all them yankee bux out to Goldmans?? ( not sax )

But if I am a one eyed monster with the sight that can define a nit on the nut of a gnat, then I'd hafta move over and try some of that stuff...
But that's all it is... Schtuffs... Ur busted... 'matter'

Foooeeeee, didn't bother with the rest of that missive...

Well at least it was a nice weekend for golf and dialing for dollars... Brother give my T bird away...

Daddy get your baby out of jail...

Mark Melia
Resident
Resident

Post by Mark Melia » Jun Mon 16, 2014 7:34 pm

He is in the can for armed robbery

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Jun Mon 16, 2014 7:39 pm

why did goldmans get $$$

why did he plan suicide on the air whilst being driven down PCH??

On what was al capone indentured?? ( hint: tax evasion )

gong = so long, gotta go ( your time credits have expired ) ...snip...

Marshead
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Marshead » Jun Wed 18, 2014 2:06 pm

What's the evidence the two were right wing
Really, Jim? Is that a serious question, or did all that time on Merriam-Webster.com make you soft in the head? Well, besides being gun nuts who showed up to support the other right-wing kooks and gun nuts at the Bundy Ranch, there’s this:
The Sun also reported that according to a police officer and a witness, one of the shooters shouted “This is a revolution,” and “We are freedom fighters.”

The Review-Journal reported that the couple draped the slain officers with the Gadsden Flag—the yellow “Don’t Tread on Me” flag that has been used as a symbol of anti-government sentiment both by far-right extremist groups and by the tea party. The paper also reported that police found swastika symbols during their initial search of the Miller’s apartment.

A post on the website of the Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks right-wing extremism, rounds up the Millers’ apparent ties to the far-right “Patriot” and militia movements.
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/vegas-shoote ... ghbors-say

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Jun Wed 18, 2014 2:22 pm

"This poll is a disaster for the president," Todd said. "You look at the presidency here: Lowest job rating, tied for the lowest; lowest on foreign policy. His administration is seen as less competent than the Bush administration, post-Katrina."
Good Dog

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Jun Wed 18, 2014 6:21 pm

They were left wing Anarchist, anti-capitalist and anti-wall street. It's really importent that Bundy's supporters kicked them out. Bundy's supporters knew they were wacked and wanted no part of them, right before a possible firefight when a every shooter is vital. They still fired them.

The only gun nuts at the ranch got fired. Well not the FEDS that's true

They were anarchist, as far as the flag, I bet they were pissed and confused when instructed to leave and being anarchist just wanted to lie and deceive so they left a flag.
Good Dog

Mac66
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Mac66 » Jun Wed 18, 2014 9:31 pm

I bet they were pissed and confused when instructed to leave and being anarchist just wanted to lie and deceive so they left a flag.
They killed two policeman in cold blood, family men both, and you make these gutless thugs sound like they got asked to leave a slumber party. Poor, misunderstood, and rejected, they had no choice, right?

They were asked to leave when it became known they were felons. They were even bribed to move on.

You're out of spin. Give it up.

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Jun Thu 19, 2014 8:56 am

They killed two policeman in cold blood, family men both, and you make these gutless thugs sound like they got asked to leave a slumber party. Poor, misunderstood, and rejected, they had no choice, right?

I don't get how you arrived at that view

No spin they were lefty anarchist
Good Dog

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Jun Thu 19, 2014 10:31 am

The IRS had the day off on this one... 'They' sent the CRACK TROOPS instead...

Marshead
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Marshead » Jun Thu 19, 2014 10:41 am

They were anti-federal government, anti-tax, small-government gun nuts, who brandished the same flag which is the Tea Party's chosen symbol.

Give it up, Jim. You sound even more foolish than usual, and your spin is lamer than anything Mark has ever attempted, which is truly saying something. These jackasses were the EPITOME of right-wing fruit loops -- i.e., your peeps.

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Jun Thu 19, 2014 1:33 pm

They were anti-federal government, anti-tax, small-government gun nuts, who brandished the same flag which is the Tea Party's chosen symbol.
Sounds like Tea Party as seen by a very biased entity... Certainly they are Americans...

Give it up, mushy, that Mission was accomplished and in jig time...
Did you sense that the supporters and the troops were of like mind??
And besides, what is your beef?? You have al-Q on your side...

Best you take the time to back fill the pending IRS interference case with your current political enemies, as was the case @ Watergate...
Turn about is fair, yes?? Blind justice OK?? See, the worm really does turn... ( and alger hiss was busted proper )
And now it is your turn...
They seek him here, they seek him there, those pinkos seek him everywhere...
Is he from heaven or is he from hell, that bluddy elusive pimpernell...