President Trump

Issues of a more global nature: National Politics, etc.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com
bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Re: President Trump

Post by bobkat » Dec Fri 08, 2017 11:22 am

HokieAl wrote:
Dec Fri 08, 2017 10:52 am
bobkat wrote:
Dec Fri 08, 2017 10:34 am

jimmy. that is good news and more reason to be against the GOP TAX cuts for the rich and Corporations .
Do you know what happens when you tax a corporation? Your bill goes up. It would be more efficient to bypass the middleman and just tax you directly. Either way you're paying. Until they cut spending.
HokieAl be honest major corporations in the United States do not pay income tax .

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Dec Fri 08, 2017 11:22 am

HokieAl wrote:
Dec Fri 08, 2017 10:52 am
bobkat wrote:
Dec Fri 08, 2017 10:34 am

jimmy. that is good news and more reason to be against the GOP TAX cuts for the rich and Corporations .
Do you know what happens when you tax a corporation? Your bill goes up. It would be more efficient to bypass the middleman and just tax you directly. Either way you're paying. Until they cut spending.
HokieAl be honest major corporations in the United States do not pay income tax . Also those Republicans that help write the GOP Tax Cut bill are not so bright.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... tions.html

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Dec Fri 08, 2017 11:33 am

bobkat wrote:
Dec Fri 08, 2017 11:22 am

HokieAl be honest major corporations in the United States do not pay income tax .
People do. And their workers do.

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Dec Fri 08, 2017 11:33 am

Reagan's tax cuts fueled the economy in the 1980's to increase the economies output equal to that of West Germany at the time. Same thing is going to happen, the US economy will improve greatly with Trump at the Helm.
Good Dog

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Dec Fri 08, 2017 11:41 am

HokieAl wrote:
Dec Fri 08, 2017 11:33 am
bobkat wrote:

HokieAl yes people do pay taxes. So give tax cuts to the other 99% not the top 1%.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Dec Fri 08, 2017 11:46 am

bobkat wrote:
Dec Fri 08, 2017 11:41 am
HokieAl wrote:
bobkat wrote:

HokieAl yes people do pay taxes. So give tax cuts to the other 99% not the top 1%.
What you just suggested is impossible. 50% pay no income tax. That leaves 49% that could have an income tax reduction.

Spending cuts leading to tax cuts is what needs to happen.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Dec Fri 08, 2017 11:50 am

JIMD wrote:
Reagan's tax cuts fueled the economy in the 1980's to increase the economies output equal to that of West Germany at the time. Same thing is going to happen, the US economy will improve greatly with Trump at the Helm.

Jimmy you can not compare apples to oranges. We were in a recession from 1981 to 1985 .The tax cuts that happen under Reagan help put an end to the recession. What help the economy was monetary policy, not fiscal policy. The tax cuts got in Inflation under control . None of those things that happen under Reagan are not happening now. You do not give tax cuts when at full employment.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Dec Fri 08, 2017 11:54 am

HokieAl wrote:
Dec Fri 08, 2017 11:46 am
bobkat wrote:
HokieAl wrote:

What you just suggested is impossible. 50% pay no income tax. That leaves 49% that could have an income tax reduction.

HokieAl yes we need spending under control. but tax cuts will only blow a bigger hole in debt. Someone is going to have to pay. When debt to GDP becomes the same %. We might well bend over and kiss our A$$ good bye.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Dec Fri 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Vlad_Rap why don't you start a new topic about Maura Healey and her battle for transgender rights. I think your post will get lost under this topic.
Thanks bobcat. You know we all look to you to make those "expert" suggestions as to when and where to post. Of course in return you shouldn't mind me telling you where to go and what you can do when you get there.

The subject of Maura Healey as Attorney General is going to prove to have far reaching importance for this state as she campaigns for re-election in the year ahead. I admit I am fascinated with how such an incompetent person got to be Attorney General and will continue to take every opportunity to point that out. I never hated Maura though until I found the piece about her encouraging the so called seven year old transgender girl. Now, I have to admit, I'm pretty disgusted by her. I'm pretty sure she hates me too only because of the demographic I belong to. She's demonstrated that pretty clearly. It is your demographic as well but in all likelyhood, you, like so many Mass. swamp donkeys, will still vote for her.

Maura has some good people running against her but they are Republicans. I've heard Atty. Jay McMahon speak in Boston and I will most certainly be voting for him. But what I would also love to see is another woman, a Democrat, run against her in the primary. Maybe a mom. Maybe someone from her own office. That would be perfect.

I've noticed your posts are more coherent lately where before so many went unread. What did you do - waylay a relative as editor? And so many posts. 10+ per day now? Haven't seen that since Budges. Don't wear out your editor.

MCasper
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
facebook ID: citrushills

Post by MCasper » Dec Fri 08, 2017 2:59 pm

bobkat wrote:
Dec Fri 08, 2017 11:50 am
JIMD wrote:

Jimmy you cannot compare apples to oranges. We were in a recession from 1981 to 1985.The tax cuts that happen under Reagan help put an end to the recession. What help the economy was monetary policy, not fiscal policy. The tax cuts got in Inflation under control. None of those things that happen under Reagan are happening now. You do not give tax cuts when at full employment.
Ok ...

1963 ... President Kennedy disagreed, arguing that “a rising tide lifts all boats” and that strong economic growth would not continue without lower taxes.

Where was the recession in 1963?

Where was the inflation in 1963?

Try again.

MCasper
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by MCasper » Dec Fri 08, 2017 3:05 pm

bobkat wrote:
Dec Fri 08, 2017 11:54 am
HokieAl wrote:
Dec Fri 08, 2017 11:46 am
bobkat wrote:

HokieAl yes we need spending under control. but tax cuts will only blow a bigger hole in debt. Someone is going to have to pay. When debt to GDP becomes the same %. We might well bend over and kiss our A$$ good bye.

TRy again.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Dec Fri 08, 2017 10:40 pm

MCasper wrote:
Dec Fri 08, 2017 2:59 pm
bobkat wrote:
Dec Fri 08, 2017 11:50 am
JIMD wrote:

Jimmy you cannot compare apples to oranges. We were in a recession from 1981 to 1985.The tax cuts that happen under Reagan help put an end to the recession. What help the economy was monetary policy, not fiscal policy. The tax cuts got in Inflation under control. None of those things that happen under Reagan are happening now. You do not give tax cuts when at full employment.
Ok ...

1963 ... President Kennedy disagreed, arguing that “a rising tide lifts all boats” and that strong economic growth would not continue without lower taxes.

Try again.
MCasper you have a great habit of trying to rewrite history. The United States was in a recession from 1960 to 1962. Kennedy took office in January 1961. When Kennedy took office unemployment was rising and stock market was down. The economy didn't turn around until 3 years after his death. But what really had a major affect on the economy was Kennedy laid the groundwork for the 1964 Civil Rights Act and 1965 Medicare. Both programs jump started the economy and 1966 was the best year for the economy.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Dec Sat 09, 2017 12:27 am

Effect, not affect

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Dec Sat 09, 2017 5:12 am

Bobcat posted 'You do not give tax cuts when at full employment."

why not?.... who is you?
Good Dog

Mac66
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Mac66 » Dec Sat 09, 2017 8:15 am

From Reason:
On September 8, Trump signed into law a deal he forged with Democratic congressional leaders to raise the debt ceiling from $19.84 trillion to $20.16 trillion.

On the grim anniversary day of September 11, the nation's debt clock crossed the ominous $20 trillion threshold. Most economists agree that growth becomes dampened after a country's ratio of debt to gross domestic product creeps higher than 90 percent; we've been north of 100 percent for some time now, and the Congressional Budget Office estimates that we are on pace to soon break the all-time record set at the height of World War II.

On September 18, the Senate passed the $700 billion National Defense Authorization Act, showering more money on the military than even the pro-buildup president had sought. "It's a grandiose spending plan," Sen. Dick Durbin (D–Ill.) observed to The New York Times.

Meanwhile, the Republican Congress has shown zero ability to accomplish the minimal task of passing an annual budget, let alone to enact revisions to an Affordable Care Act that is putting future generations even further in the red.

In the middle of this monthus horribilis, I asked Amash, one of the last true fiscal conservatives left, what we can expect for the trajectory of federal spending. His answer should be chilling to anyone who favors limited government: "It's looking as bad as any time I've seen since I've been in Congress," he said. "Overwhelmingly, Congress continues to move in the wrong direction, the federal government continues to move in the wrong direction."

It's the age-old story: Republicans' interest in spending cuts is inversely proportional to the amount of power they hold. "I think this tends to happen when one party has full control of government," Amash concurred. "That party starts to go on a spending spree, and stops worrying about the debt and deficits."

Trump, who campaigned as a vigorous opponent of Bush-style conservatism, now seems poised to preside over a very Dubya-like increase in spending while Republicans control Congress. And as if to top off his Bushian month, the president on September 27 unveiled a 10-year tax-cut package that will almost surely make the deficit even worse.

"Republicans want to cut taxes by $1.5 trillion—while the government already is running a deficit—and they propose to offset those cuts with wishful thinking," scoffed National Review correspondent Kevin D. Williamson.

Let us stop pretending to know Republicans by the words they speak while in the opposition. When the GOP holds power, what matters is its fruits.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Dec Sat 09, 2017 8:18 am

JIMD wrote:
Dec Sat 09, 2017 5:12 am
Bobcat posted 'You do not give tax cuts when at full employment."

why not?.... who is you?
jimmy. simple reason if we give these tax cuts and it blows a hole in our debt. What do we do when a recession happens . We can't cut taxes and borrow money to help with the recession . The debt would be so great that we would never come out of the recession. The economy is doing really good and we need the tax dollars to pay down out debt. I know donors what the tax cut but please tell me what economists thinks the is a great idea.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Dec Sat 09, 2017 8:23 am

bobkat wrote:
Dec Sat 09, 2017 8:18 am
tell me what economists thinks the is a great idea.
This one does

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Dec Sat 09, 2017 8:31 am

If I were a passing cyber gumshoe just visiting this place on the way by I'd have to say that it looks like we should rehire the commuXXXX democrats and get real...

Well, presented, bobkat...
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Dec Sat 09, 2017 1:03 pm

HokieAl wrote:
Dec Sat 09, 2017 8:23 am
bobkat wrote:
Dec Sat 09, 2017 8:18 am
tell me what economists thinks the is a great idea.
This one does
HokieAl. that is great. Could you send me a link to some of work that has been published. Maybe I could learn some new ideas. Because we did learn that under Reagan .Trickle down never trickle down to the middle class.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Dec Sat 09, 2017 1:35 pm

I'm self-identifying as one today while I was responding to you.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Dec Sat 09, 2017 1:54 pm

But what really had a major affect on the economy was Kennedy laid the groundwork for the 1964 Civil Rights Act and 1965 Medicare. Both programs jump started the economy and 1966 was the best year for the economy.
Some things don't need further explanation.

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Dec Sat 09, 2017 2:49 pm

Cut spending drain the swamp, cut all budgets 10% except SS and Armed Forces all the rest 10% gone
Good Dog

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Dec Sat 09, 2017 2:50 pm

HokieAl wrote:
Dec Sat 09, 2017 1:35 pm
I'm self-identifying as one today while I was responding to you.
HokieAl I am all set to put you in nomination for Noble prize in Economics

https://www.nobelprize.org/nomination/e ... index.html

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Dec Sat 09, 2017 3:32 pm

HokieAl I am all set to put you in nomination for Noble prize in Economic
Hokie Al - I would offer congratulations but I don't want to jump the gun. Would you please summarize your economic plan over which Bobcat is in such a high tizzy?

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Dec Mon 11, 2017 9:29 am

Vlad_Rap wrote:
Dec Sat 09, 2017 3:32 pm
HokieAl I am all set to put you in nomination for Noble prize in Economic
Hokie Al - I would offer congratulations but I don't want to jump the gun. Would you please summarize your economic plan over which Bobcat is in such a high tizzy?
JIMD's sounded good to me.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Dec Mon 11, 2017 10:58 am

The new word for our politics today is tribalism .But this has been happening since the early 1990's. President Trump has been the most active president pushing tribalism than any president before. You can't make America great again when you push for tribalism.

This link even though it is from a tv show .Speaks to the truth what made America the greatest country one time but we do not lead in many areas today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16K6m3Ua2nw

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Dec Mon 11, 2017 11:49 am

Like irredeemable deplorables who cling to religion and are typical white people, that kind of tribalism?
Good Dog

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Dec Mon 11, 2017 1:55 pm

JIMD wrote:
Dec Mon 11, 2017 11:49 am
Like irredeemable deplorables who cling to religion and are typical white people, that kind of tribalism?
Jimmy if you think so. Have you ever heard of the word comprise? In your state of mind most likely not.

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Dec Mon 11, 2017 2:02 pm

There is more then one way to skin a cat, the important thing is you understand the meaning of the post. To me it's clear Obama and Hillary went to tribalism like flies on poop when they disparaged groups of people with sophomoric name calling.
Good Dog

MCasper
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by MCasper » Dec Mon 11, 2017 2:46 pm

bobkat wrote:
Dec Fri 08, 2017 10:40 pm

MCasper you have a great habit of trying to rewrite history. The United States was in a recession from 1960 to 1962. Kennedy took office in January 1961. When Kennedy took office unemployment was rising and the stock market was down. The economy didn't turn around until 3 years after his death. But what really had a major effect on the economy was Kennedy laid the groundwork for the 1964 Civil Rights Act and 1965 Medicare. Both programs jump-started the economy and 1966 was the best year for the economy.
No recession
2.6+ 1961
6.1+ 1962
4.4+ 1963
5.8% 1964

Unemployment (which was still a real #) not rising.

12/61 = 6.0
12/62 = 5.5
12/63 = 5.5
12/64 = 5.0

The market was rising in 1961, dipped a bit for about 7 months but was at record levels when Tax plan proposed.

The CRA and Medicare act stuff is complete nonsense too, but I'll stop there. So many falsehoods posing as "corrections" ... so little time.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Dec Mon 11, 2017 4:01 pm

Hokie Al wrote...
JIMD's sounded good to me.
I could live with that as well but Jimd's plan is not anything the left, as represented here by Bobcat, would ever normally subscribe to.

Bobcat wrote...
Have you ever heard of the word comprise? In your state of mind most likely not.
Compromise happens when the other side has something of value to bring to the table. What does the left bring... "We hate America" and "We hate Trump" - everything and anything that is really nothing.

JIMD wrote...
To me it's clear Obama and Hillary went to tribalism like flies on poop when they disparaged groups of people with sophomoric name calling.
Your right. Black lives matter, LGBT, antifa, radical feminist ,factions of the left are far closer to being tribes than is their political opposition - working class America. The odd thing is working class America is far more diverse than any of these infighting leftist groups. That is why conservatism will continue to win in the mid terms and Trump will be re-elected in 2020.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Dec Mon 11, 2017 6:23 pm

MCasper wrote:
Dec Mon 11, 2017 2:46 pm
bobkat wrote:
Dec Fri 08, 2017 10:40 pm

MCasper you have a great habit of trying to rewrite history. The United States was in a recession from 1960 to 1962. Kennedy took office in January 1961. When Kennedy took office unemployment was rising and the stock market was down. The economy didn't turn around until 3 years after his death. But what really had a major effect on the economy was Kennedy laid the groundwork for the 1964 Civil Rights Act and 1965 Medicare. Both programs jump-started the economy and 1966 was the best year for the economy.
No recession
2.6+ 1961
6.1+ 1962
4.4+ 1963
5.8% 1964

Unemployment (which was still a real #) not rising.

12/61 = 6.0
12/62 = 5.5
12/63 = 5.5
12/64 = 5.0

The market was rising in 1961, dipped a bit for about 7 months but was at record levels when Tax plan proposed.

The CRA and Medicare act stuff is complete nonsense too, but I'll stop there. So many falsehoods posing as "corrections" ... so little time.
Mcasper you do all the time thinking dropping of some data or year to win your argument. So lets look at 1960 a Republican president . Inflation reaches 13.5% . Unemployment in 1960 was 5.2% and jump to 6.6% in 1961 . The unemployment didn't drop below 4.05 until 1967 when it reached 3.9%. Because of the inflation rate of 13.5% the Federal Reserve raised interest rates and slowed money supply growth, which slowed the economy. The economy did grow until the next recession which started in December 1969 .

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Dec Mon 11, 2017 6:23 pm

double post

GoingCoastal
Site Admin
Site Admin
facebook ID: 1381994333

Post by GoingCoastal » Dec Mon 11, 2017 6:36 pm

Joe McDonald

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Dec Mon 11, 2017 8:31 pm

It keeps getting more and more interesting.
Like I said, maybe this Russian investigation is a good thing in the long run.

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Dec Tue 12, 2017 9:45 am

We ALL knew about Irania collusion and the money bag before she sicked the fake dogs on to DJ... Another empty well, what the hell...

This had to happen!!! Them bibles and guns folks against the communists and fake loser/newsers...
Yep, just like borus and natashia...

Its all spelt out right here, very graphic>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4j_9IQ6wzk

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Dec Tue 12, 2017 3:13 pm

GoingCoastal wrote:
Dec Mon 11, 2017 6:36 pm
GoingCoastal are you saying Christopher Steele the author of the dossier has lied about what he published. Not one thing in Steele's memo's that make up the GPS Dossier have been proven false. Since your link comes from Fox GOP News please show us that they have proven the Dossier is false. The only ones pushing this story is from the right .They think is will hurt Mueller. I don't think so. I thought the GOP always wanted the truth until it hits home.

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Dec Tue 12, 2017 4:54 pm

At least we recognize truth, it's 180 away from fake...

meeka sed... Yours are dead... It won't go to our head... Goodguys are NOT sore winners...

Not that bore-us and natashia are still not your rage...

marx is dead, long live our mighty King... Go fish...

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Dec Tue 12, 2017 10:55 pm

look who's going to Washington from Alabama. I guess Trump and Bannon lose and many more to lose. Welcome the new senator Doug Jones.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Dec Wed 13, 2017 6:26 am

You could say Bannon lost this one, but I would say he only lost as the candidate he backed had some serious allegations against him come out a month before election. If that were not the case ( allegations ) then I would say Moore would have easily won.
See what happens in future with other Bannon backed candidates. I would not use this election as a measuring stick on Bannons effectiveness in picking candidates for future elections.