Gun Ban

Issues of a more global nature: National Politics, etc.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com
Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Re: Gun Ban

Post by Vlad_Rap » Oct Tue 24, 2017 5:37 pm

Vlad_Rap you know what I love about rightwing nuts like you. You are against abortion because you say it kills children but your not against keeping guns out of the hands of people that kill children .
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/48/c1/4e/48c1 ... -idiot.jpg

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Oct Wed 25, 2017 8:23 am

To liberal democrats that makes perfectly good sense
Good Dog

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Oct Wed 25, 2017 8:38 am

JIMD wrote:
Oct Wed 25, 2017 8:23 am
To liberal democrats that makes perfectly good sense

JIMD voting is just driving. If you want to go forward you put it in D and if you want to go backwards you put it in R.

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Oct Wed 25, 2017 9:32 am

bobkat,

Go save bill/shrill rosenberg from uranium gate!!

Your handlers are sunk, punked, and rancid... You are last great stand...

'D' forward to where, Dante's Inferno?? Frikken harpie!!!
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Oct Wed 25, 2017 10:45 am

bOBPussy, The voters sure got it right, R for right MAGA! Trump is reversing all of Obamas anti-American policies, all his crappy executive orders, all of his race baiting racist bigoted agenda. In less then a year Obama will not have a single policy on the books.

And Hillary is done!
Good Dog

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Oct Wed 25, 2017 2:39 pm

Rejoice, bobkat... Marx is dead and now your Savior lives on... Watta deal, eh??

I'm sure that Fr. Walsh is cognizant...

We have a nice Presbyterian boy in the White House now from a Scotch mother, so how good can it get???

Do you know how many Scotch it took to push the revolution right along?? Read 'How the Scotch invented the New World'..
We came from them among others but surely not from your marx pogrommer... It's over, how many times do you have to see it???

Get free, bobkat, unplug from that bluddy mess... Besides, you are not useful for the pogrom any more...

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Oct Wed 25, 2017 4:11 pm

specialties wrote:
Oct Wed 25, 2017 2:39 pm
Rejoice, bobkat... Marx is dead and now your Savior lives on... Watta deal, eh??

I'm sure that Fr. Walsh is cognizant...

We have a nice Presbyterian boy in the White House now from a Scotch mother, so how good can it get???

Do you know how many Scotch it took to push the revolution right along?? Read 'How the Scotch invented the New World'..
We came from them among others but surely not from your marx pogrommer... It's over, how many times do you have to see it???

Get free, bobkat, unplug from that bluddy mess... Besides, you are not useful for the pogrom any more...
specialties I usually don't respond to your postings but today I have to. You are so ignorant . People from Scotland are know as Scottish not Scotch. Scotch is a type of whiskey . So as say before you post anymore please pull your head out of your derriere.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Oct Wed 25, 2017 4:37 pm

"Scotch" applied to people is widely considered pejorative in Scotland, reflecting old Anglo-Scottish antagonisms, but it is still occasionally used in England and Ireland, though the usage is considered old-fashioned,[1] and is in common use in North America.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotch_(adjective)

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Oct Wed 25, 2017 7:59 pm

HokieAl wrote:
Oct Wed 25, 2017 4:37 pm
"Scotch" applied to people is widely considered pejorative in Scotland, reflecting old Anglo-Scottish antagonisms, but it is still occasionally used in England and Ireland, though the usage is considered old-fashioned,[1] and is in common use in North America.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotch_(adjective)
HokieAl you know whats funny is how you post things but leave out important things like the sentence before what you posted .

"Scotch is an adjective meaning "of Scotland". The modern usage in Scotland is Scottish or Scots, and the word "Scotch" is only applied to specific products, mostly food or drink, such as Scotch whisky, Scotch pie, Scotch broth, and Scotch eggs."

Also for a guy that thinks he is the smartest one in the room needs to find a new room.

There is an important word in the sentence that you posted showing that your sentence doesn't have the meaning you think it has.

"pejorative" using this word in a sentence is an adjective. The definition of pejorative is having a negative or belittling effect.

"pe·jo·ra·tive" first definition adjective "expressing contempt or disapproval.
""permissiveness" is used almost universally as a pejorative term"
synonyms: disparaging, derogatory, denigratory, deprecatory, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, abusive, insulting, slighting; informalbitchy"

second definition noun a word expressing contempt or disapproval.

So please explain to me and many others since you think that you are the smartest person in the room . That when specialties was trying to post these words in a positive light.

"We have a nice Presbyterian boy in the White House now from a Scotch mother, so how good can it get???

Do you know how many Scotch it took to push the revolution right along?? Read 'How the Scotch invented the New World'."

Waiting for your answer boy genius.

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Oct Wed 25, 2017 8:01 pm

Hot darn bobby, you got me again... And my wife is 100% Scot too... Ca gil ga lo laddie!!

Don't let the berries dangle you!!

Hows bill/shrill rosenberg gate going, eh?? Looks like you are screwed worse than you thought...
One would think you care more about your errant pawls in the big pig pen than my lisp...

Do you think that your church may have a ministry for recovering kids who were used to the point of distraction by the evil one??
How do they get back?? They sure are disapointed now what with all those false gods...

And you have a problem with my lisp!!! You old grunt!!!
Also for a guy that thinks he is the smartest one in the room needs to find a new room.
bobby, tell us that you have found yourself... Free at last!!! Welcome to the big room...

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Oct Thu 26, 2017 6:06 am

So If a man can self identify as a women and liberals are ok with this, but a person from Scotland identifies as Scotch and you have a problem with this?

liberalism is a mental disorder
Good Dog

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Oct Thu 26, 2017 7:57 am

JIMD wrote:
Oct Thu 26, 2017 6:06 am
So If a man can self identify as a women and liberals are ok with this, but a person from Scotland identifies as Scotch and you have a problem with this?

liberalism is a mental disorder
JIMD no your post just shows that you must have been a sleep in English class . There must be an opening for you to work in the communications office in the White House. There you can speak and never realize that you are insulting people.

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Oct Thu 26, 2017 8:52 am

Goofball "Liberalism is a mental disorder" is an insult.... any idiot would know that even if he/she slept in English.
Last edited by JIMD on Oct Thu 26, 2017 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Good Dog

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Oct Thu 26, 2017 8:59 am

JIMD no you are the person with a lower education level . If you could really comprehend these posts. The you would realize using the word Scot to describe a person from Scotland is an insult.

Here is the sentence ""Scotch" applied to people is widely considered pejorative in Scotland" Now the question is . Were you a sleep when the word pejorative came up in English Class. Because reading your posts I have to believe that not just english class but you never made it to school to learn anything.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Oct Thu 26, 2017 9:08 am

bobkat wrote:
Oct Wed 25, 2017 7:59 pm

"pejorative" using this word in a sentence is an adjective. The definition of pejorative is having a negative or belittling effect.

Thanks for the compliment and the definition. However, it's apparent that you're projecting.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Oct Thu 26, 2017 9:36 am

HokieAl wrote:
Oct Thu 26, 2017 9:08 am
bobkat wrote:
Oct Wed 25, 2017 7:59 pm

Thanks for the compliment and the definition. However, it's apparent that you're projecting.
HokieAl what am I projecting. The truth that you didn't know that calling a person" Scotch" from Scotland is negative.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Oct Thu 26, 2017 9:50 am

bobkat wrote:
Oct Thu 26, 2017 9:36 am

HokieAl what am I projecting. The truth that you didn't know that calling a person" Scotch" from Scotland is negative.
You're the smartest person in the room.

I completely understood what I quoted. That wasn't the issue. It is commonly used here, even though it isn't politically correct.

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Oct Thu 26, 2017 10:41 am

calling a person" Scotch" from Scotland is negative.
Spoken like a truly twisted liberal lefty... Real gone, man...

You do know where 'politically correct' comes from, yes?? hint: from marx through stalin with ref: 1984... Buzz off!!!

U been 'scorched'... Fried... Wake up!!!

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Oct Thu 26, 2017 12:02 pm

HokieAl wrote:
Oct Thu 26, 2017 9:50 am
bobkat wrote:
Oct Thu 26, 2017 9:36 am

You're the smartest person in the room.

I completely understood what I quoted. That wasn't the issue. It is commonly used here, even though it isn't politically correct.
HokieAl I have to disagree with you. It is not commonly used today anywhere unless you are ignorant "to define Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated." You just go on an keep putting specialties up on a pedestal to glorify his ignorance.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Oct Thu 26, 2017 12:06 pm

bobkat wrote:
Oct Thu 26, 2017 12:02 pm
It is not commonly used today anywhere unless you are ignorant
If you ignore the last part of the wikipedia information
and is in common use in North America
then you would be correct.

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Oct Thu 26, 2017 12:34 pm

Hey bobkat,

I took an upgrade to Scotch... Try it... It's not like an N word or anything, even democrat...

Go chase yourself!!!

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Oct Thu 26, 2017 12:40 pm

Remember there is a big difference between a hunting rifle and a rifle made just to kill people.
The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting. The 2nd Amendment is about defending yourself , not against white tail deer or wild turkeys, but against other people coming to infringe upon your civil rights. That force will not be carrying bolt action hunting rifles. And please do not try to tell me millions of Americans, many combat veterans, bearing AR 15s, would not be a deterrent to some pansy UN type military force, thinking of invading, even if they are armed with advanced weapons. As far as our own military coming for us - I am confident that would not happen. I think our military, particularly the Marine Corp, would take the side of the American civilians. At the very least he prospect of moving against their own countrymen would be an unthinkable idea to too many of them.

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Oct Thu 26, 2017 1:17 pm

A majority of the armed forces come from the south, those good old rebel yell boys would side with American citizens The people who would side with a corrupt government would be the over weight desk jockies would fudge the PT test and joined to get college classes in social issues.
Good Dog

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Oct Thu 26, 2017 4:12 pm

Vlad_Rap wrote:
Oct Thu 26, 2017 12:40 pm
Remember there is a big difference between a hunting rifle and a rifle made just to kill people.
The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting. The 2nd Amendment is about defending yourself , not against white tail deer or wild turkeys, but against other people coming to infringe upon your civil rights. That force will not be carrying bolt action hunting rifles. And please do not try to tell me millions of Americans, many combat veterans, bearing AR 15s, would not be a deterrent to some pansy UN type military force, thinking of invading, even if they are armed with advanced weapons. As far as our own military coming for us - I am confident that would not happen. I think our military, particularly the Marine Corp, would take the side of the American civilians. At the very least he prospect of moving against their own countrymen would be an unthinkable idea to too many of them.
Vlad_Rap you say the 2nd amendment is about defending your self. Well the founding fathers were talking about state rights against a central federal government. " the 2nd amendment A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." You did study the Bill of Rights and who wrote the amendments or are just a follower.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Oct Thu 26, 2017 5:14 pm

Not sure why you capitalized state. That's not how it appears. Maybe you're taking "state" literally meaning any one of the 50 states. I don't interpret it that way. I see it as a state of being, iow being in a state of freedom.

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Oct Thu 26, 2017 5:21 pm

It can be interpreted as anyone can form a well regulated Militia, It does not specify the state is the only one you can do this. The result is a free state.
I'm absolutely certain militia were formed throughout the 13 colonies/states without the approval of the any state government, The states were grateful to have the man power

In the 2008 case District of Columbia v. Heller, the Supreme Court held that the "Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home."
Last edited by JIMD on Oct Thu 26, 2017 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good Dog

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Oct Thu 26, 2017 5:27 pm

Hey you know whats funny, you think I is stupid but you thought Hillary was going to win and be president of the United States, really how stupid is that. What Happened?
Good Dog

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Oct Thu 26, 2017 8:43 pm

HokieAl wrote:
Oct Thu 26, 2017 5:14 pm
Not sure why you capitalized state. That's not how it appears. Maybe you're taking "state" literally meaning any one of the 50 states. I don't interpret it that way. I see it as a state of being, iow being in a state of freedom.
HokieAl you ask why I had a capital letter on the word State? Very simple get a copy of the Us Constitution and read article II.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

the reason State has a capital letter when the Bill Rights were written . There were political groups at this time Federalist and anti-Federalist (state rights). The state rights group did not want a Federal standing Army. So this article II was written so a state to raise a Militia and stand against the Federal (central) government . James Madison agree to this article. In the Bill Rights besides article II article X is about states rights with the central government.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Oct Thu 26, 2017 10:55 pm

No it doesn't

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Oct Thu 26, 2017 11:42 pm

Did you notice militia and arms were also capitalized?

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Oct Fri 27, 2017 1:57 am

HokieAl wrote:
Oct Thu 26, 2017 11:42 pm
Did you notice militia and arms were also capitalized?
HokieAl yes I know they are capitalized. But you said this "Not sure why you capitalized state. That's not how it appears" . You told me I was wrong about State being capitalized . Do you ever in your life acknowledge when you are wrong.

You need to read the Articles of Confederation . Our first constitution set up a weak central government and of all places. Shay's rebellion in Massachusetts led to the 13 colonies drafting a new constitution in 1791 . This is where article 2 in the Articles of Confederation was written into the Bill of Rights . Another thing the offices of the federal government there were 7 articles written about that before they ever wrote the Bill of Rights set on English common law. We have a lot of uneducated people quoting our Constitution completely wrong. The Bill of Rights were never called amendments until four years after the the 13 states ratified the Constitution in 1791. Amendments the word start in 1795 amendment 11.

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Oct Fri 27, 2017 4:35 am

Do you ever in your life acknowledge when you are wrong.
:lol:

picky picky, the dnc is very sticky... Win megga bux, call larry flint... Reward waiting for you...

TNX mr. spell check, now check the smell... You sank, dems stank... This IS the next great awakening...

Smell check completed, your party is rancid... Scratch and sniff sez...

Here, slam this one down: https://www.yahoo.com/news/under-obama- ... 29214.html

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Oct Fri 27, 2017 5:09 am

whether that be Nazi Germany, or communist Russia or communist China. That’s what they strike at first. And it’s just a steppingstone to taking away all freedom.”
Or communist amerika...

Look ashamed, komrade...

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Oct Fri 27, 2017 10:17 am

specialties wrote:
Oct Fri 27, 2017 4:35 am
:lol:

picky picky, the dnc is very sticky... Win megga bux, call larry flint... Reward waiting for you...

TNX mr. spell check, now check the smell... You sank, dems stank... This IS the next great awakening...

Smell check completed, your party is rancid... Scratch and sniff sez...

Here, slam this one down: https://www.yahoo.com/news/under-obama- ... 29214.html

specialties after you post a link do you ever bother the read what people say about an article from a right wing piece of crab story .So let me post for you some of them or should I say the first 3 .

Colette yesterday
As a Jew, I found this insanely offensive. I didn't see any Christian transported to concentration camps never to see their families again. Like, ya know, my grandmother's cousins in Germany. There are not enough swear words in any language to describe this imbecile.

Stephen D. yesterday
Oh, the HORRORS they had to endure! Like not being allowed to beat Jews and gays and having to live with their religion being treated as EQUAL to everyone else's, rather than superior! It's like the "white rage" over having a black President.

Harry yesterday
evangelical christians are the NAZIS in the USA today. Their intense bigotry towards the LBGTQ communities is an abomination. To them discrimination, hate and punishment are their signature beliefs, and active behavior.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Oct Fri 27, 2017 10:19 am

bobkat wrote:
Oct Fri 27, 2017 1:57 am
Should I behave differently than you?

Next time you're playing darts on your constitution dart board, look at the amendments. Some have spurious capitalization, some don't.

Anyway, "State" in the 2nd article does not refer to the states making up the country. That becomes clear if you read the 10th. That's why I said it's a state of being not literally a state as you incorrectly interpret.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Oct Fri 27, 2017 10:27 am

HokieAl wrote:
Oct Fri 27, 2017 10:19 am
bobkat wrote:
Oct Fri 27, 2017 1:57 am
Should I behave differently than you?

Next time you're playing darts on your constitution dart board, look at the amendments. Some have spurious capitalization, some don't.

Anyway, "State" in the 2nd article does not refer to the states making up the country. That becomes clear if you read the 10th. That's why I said it's a state of being not literally a state as you incorrectly interpret.

HokieAl you need to read James Madison

History of the Second Amendment

The Second Amendment provides U.S. citizens the right to bear arms. Ratified in December 1791, the amendment says:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

James Madison originally proposed the Second Amendment shortly after the Constitution was officially ratified as a way to provide more power to state militias, which today are considered the National Guard. It was deemed a compromise between Federalists — those who supported the Constitution as it was ratified — and the anti-Federalists — those who supported states having more power. Having just used guns and other arms to ward off the English, the amendment was originally created to give citizens the opportunity to fight back against a tyrannical federal government.

Here is something interesting .The difference between Democrats and Republicans when in power.

Meanwhile, the battle over gun rights continues at the state level. A 2016 working paper from Harvard Business School researchers found that a mass shooting leads to a 15 percent increase in the number of firearm-related bills introduced into the state legislature that year. The more fatalities, the larger the increase in firearm bills. But the bills aren't always what you might expect: When Republicans hold power in the state legislature after a mass shooting, the number of laws enacted to loosen gun restrictions goes up 75 percent. Democrat-controlled legislatures, on the other hand, did not enact a higher rate of regulation-tightening laws immediately after mass shootings than before.

"This is consistent with survey evidence suggesting that even when a majority supports a gun-control proposal, those opposed to increased gun control are more likely to take actions like writing a letter or donating money to support their side," the researchers wrote.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Oct Fri 27, 2017 10:45 am

bobkat wrote:
Oct Fri 27, 2017 10:27 am

HokieAl you need to read James Madison

I'll do what you do. Copy and paste without citation.

The best way to interpret the Constitution begins with actually reading it. The next best thing is to read what the Constitution’s chief drafter, James Madison, had to say about America’s founding document. Madison was the chief author of the Federalist Papers, along with John Jay and Alexander Hamilton. The Federalist Papers offer great insight into the political theories of the day that led to our system of government.

Madison did not propose to place the second amendment in that part of the Constitution that governs Congress’s power over the militia. The obvious reason is that Madison was seeking to protect an individual right to keep and bear arms, not some undefined right of the states to arm or control militia members within their borders. Indeed, it was Madison himself who coined the phrase “Bill of Rights” to refer to the amendments he was proposing, including what would become the second amendment. States do not have rights. They have powers. Individuals have rights.

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Oct Fri 27, 2017 1:16 pm

The Bill of Rights was written for the specific rights of individuals, not states rights, Only liberal democrats confuse the issue.

Bob your side lost this one, The right to keep and bear arms is an integral part of United States culture and beliefs. You can disagree but that does not change a thing, we have the right to keep and bear arms. We decide the reason why we to chose to have a firearm, not what you think is an appropriate reason.
Good Dog

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Oct Fri 27, 2017 3:33 pm

from
Not a Second Class Right: The Second Amendment Today
By Nelson Lund... University Professor, Antonin Scalia School of Law, George Mason University
https://constitutioncenter.org/interact ... endment-ii
Why would the 2nd amendment be subject to any more stringent restrictions or provisions, by any level of government, than would the 1st Amendment - both written at the same time?
Here are two good excerpts from the article...
Nor should the government be allowed to create burdensome bureaucratic obstacles designed to frustrate the exercise of Second Amendment rights. The courts are vigilant in preventing government from evading the First Amendment through regulations that indirectly abridge free speech rights by making them difficult to exercise. Courts should exercise the same vigilance in protecting Second Amendment rights.

Some other regulations that may appear innocuous should be struck down because they are little more than political stunts. Popular bans on so-called “assault rifles,” for example, define this class of guns in terms of cosmetic features, leaving functionally identical semi-automatic rifles to circulate freely. This is unconstitutional for the same reason that it would violate the First Amendment to ban words that have a French etymology, or to require that French fries be called “freedom fries.”
https://s17-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/ser ... che=516287

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Oct Fri 27, 2017 5:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej39umHaB08

The Ruger mini is legal in MA and easily obtained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml9j-jl7V_Y

This is an AR that we can't buy because the AG said we cant with her infinite wisdom

They fire the same round at comparatively the same rate
Good Dog