Lucky's 7

Kingston, yes, Kingston topics.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
suntime103
Visitor
Visitor

Lucky's 7

Post by suntime103 » Dec Wed 26, 2012 2:13 pm

SUN CITY TANNING 254 Churst st Pembroke, Ma Across from Burger King exit 12 Marshfield/Pembroke.

7 Days----7 Tans----7 Dollars
Level 2 Bed only & all upgrade 1/2 off Now until 1/1/13.

Here how this work : Buy the Luckys'7, and for 7 straight days you can tan in level 2, excluding holidays . Dosent matter what day you buy, it start on that day and run for 7 straight days . Here the best part all upgrade 1/2 off. You can even upgrade on your 1st visit.

We are the best tanning salon on the south shore voted #1 2012

Call 781-826-2605 for appointment and other special.

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Re: Lucky's 7

Post by Bridges » Jan Sun 27, 2013 3:29 pm

Seriously? Seven straight days of tanning? :shock:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/federal-in ... d=15483714

I was sitting in Panera in Hanover the other day, and a cluster of high school age girls in the next booth was gushing about how much they want to go to the tanning salon...
Scituate BOS, BU Prof and scientist Rick Murray: The only real answer is retreat. I feel for these people...They inherited their house from their great grandmother or spent a lot of money to buy it. But...we are fighting a losing battle with the sea.

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by lost cause » Jan Mon 28, 2013 10:03 am

Bridges, why are you hating on those who want to turn themselves orange?
America Built by Heroes, Ruined by Liberals

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Jan Mon 28, 2013 6:20 pm

lost cause wrote:Bridges, why are you hating on those who want to turn themselves orange?
I don't care about the orange part. But they also have the traditional tanning beds, and those things are cancer machines.

http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/skin/basic_in ... anning.htm

And I can't imagine what they were thinking, intimating to folks that tanning in these beds for 7 straight days is a good idea! :shock:

That just flies in the face of common sense!
Scituate BOS, BU Prof and scientist Rick Murray: The only real answer is retreat. I feel for these people...They inherited their house from their great grandmother or spent a lot of money to buy it. But...we are fighting a losing battle with the sea.

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by lost cause » Jan Tue 29, 2013 10:07 am

Bridges wrote: And I can't imagine what they were thinking, intimating to folks that tanning in these beds for 7 straight days is a good idea! :shock:

That statement covers most of what people do to themselves.
America Built by Heroes, Ruined by Liberals

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'

TimeToRetire
Resident
Resident

Post by TimeToRetire » Jan Tue 29, 2013 6:36 pm

Bridges wrote:...I was sitting in Panera in Hanover the other day, and a cluster of high school age girls in the next booth was gushing about how much they want to go to the tanning salon...
C'mon bro', I thought you had daughters? You should know Prom will be here in a few months and the ladies need to get tanned up.

It's an OK thing...in moderation.

DTI
Citizen
Citizen

Post by DTI » Jan Tue 29, 2013 8:11 pm

lost cause wrote:
Bridges wrote: And I can't imagine what they were thinking, intimating to folks that tanning in these beds for 7 straight days is a good idea! :shock:

That statement covers most of what people do to themselves.
Remember this lady?????

The Republicans are the problem,
Ideologically extreme, scornful of compromise, unmoved by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science..

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Jan Tue 29, 2013 8:41 pm

TimeToRetire wrote:It's an OK thing...in moderation.
The advertised deal was for SEVEN STRAIGHT DAYS OF TANNING!

You call that moderation?! :shock:

Uh no - there is zero medical evidence that "it's an OK thing in moderation". That is simply not borne out by medical science.

http://commonhealth.wbur.org/2012/10/te ... ning-salon
WBUR Oct 2012 wrote:Added melanoma risk per session: 1.5%
Is that a risk you REALLY want? :shock:
White women who tan indoors do it an average of 20 sessions a year.
And they are SERIOUSLY putting themselves at risk, given the previous fact.
Just about any medical group you can name is against indoor tanning, and U.S. health authorities also offer a chorus of warnings about the risks of indoor tanning
So, TTR, on what basis do you make the claim that it's "OK in moderation"?

TimeToRetire
Resident
Resident

Post by TimeToRetire » Jan Wed 30, 2013 10:21 pm

:roll: ....looks like Birdges has invaded Kingston too...beware!!

I've seen you in person Birdges, you are definitely a man that can use a little tan, a little 'glow' if I may. In moderation, of course. Your current grim-reaper look is not becoming.

And a little scary.... 8-X

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Jan Thu 31, 2013 4:48 am

1) It's not "OK" in moderation. That is a lie you (and tanning salons) are spreading.

2) Teenage girls ARE doing this (as evidence by statistics, and the conversation I overheard in Panera). And they are increasing their risk of melanoma (which KILLS) 1.5% every visit. You think that's funny? Worth one of your stupid jokes?

If you had a brain in your head, you'd also be questioning an ad gimmick trying to suck folks in for 7 straight days of tanning. And they'll only have a 10% greater risk of skin cancer at the end of the week! :shock:

As the average white woman who partakes, visits 20 times per year, they'll wind up with a 30% chance of skin cancer after 1 year! Not great odds...

TimeToRetire
Resident
Resident

Post by TimeToRetire » Jan Thu 31, 2013 7:41 pm

:roll: ....I betcha you're a real hoot at party's.

Live life, stop stressing about it....

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Jan Thu 31, 2013 8:10 pm

TimeToRetire wrote::roll: ....I betcha you're a real hoot at party's.
So they tell me! :lol:
Live life, stop stressing about it....
They also tell me that I'm about as low-stressed a person as they've ever come across.

You think you know me? =))

You don't know squat about me!

I am just trying to make people think, before they do something stupid (like do something that greatly increases the risk that THEY will not be able to "live life").

Like I keep saying - I can lead them to water, (by giving them the facts). I can't make them drink (or pay attention to said facts).

TimeToRetire
Resident
Resident

Post by TimeToRetire » Jan Thu 31, 2013 9:16 pm

Bridges wrote:
TimeToRetire wrote:I betcha you're a real hoot at party's.
So they tell me! :lol:
Who is "they"?...your imaginary friend?
Birdges wrote:
TimeToRetire wrote:Live life, stop stressing about it....
They also tell me that I'm about as low-stressed a person as they've ever come across.
Ya right, you're not fool'n anyone with that!! I don't think you could get anyone to believe that for a minute. And again with the "they"?
Birdges wrote:You think you know me? =))
Actually, yes. You are not very deep.
Birdges wrote:You don't know squat about me!
See above

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Feb Fri 01, 2013 5:31 am

Next time my crowd has a group party, would you like us to invite you?

It's a pretty large crowd, but pretty diverse....might even tolerate the likes of you (but if you're your usual, obnoxious self, probably not for long).

But I'd be more than happy to invite you, if you'll show.

TimeToRetire
Resident
Resident

Post by TimeToRetire » Feb Sat 02, 2013 6:37 pm

Birdges wrote:Next time my crowd has a group party, would you like us to invite you?
What's a 'group party'? Sounds a little kinky.... 8)

When does a party not involve a group?

Thanks for the invite, but I think not. Why does the movie "Revenge of the Nerds" come to mind when I picture a 'group party' with your crowd.... :lol:

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Feb Sat 02, 2013 8:31 pm

I'll send you a link to pics. Won't start up again until the spring. You can judge for yourself...

TimeToRetire
Resident
Resident

Post by TimeToRetire » Feb Sun 03, 2013 12:30 pm

=)) ....this should be good... =))

Nothing raunchy or randy....please!