Something is coming

Kingston, yes, Kingston topics.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
GoingCoastal
Site Admin
Site Admin
facebook ID: 1381994333

Something is coming

Post by GoingCoastal » Mar Fri 16, 2012 8:27 am

I've removed the article - incorrect.
Joe McDonald

K-TownClown
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Something is coming

Post by K-TownClown » Mar Fri 16, 2012 1:05 pm

A staple on the Kingston restaurant scene? Really? Paisano's was a dump

And Halfgood Cafe is just what Kingston needs. Fried chicken fingers, crappy pizza, $7 dinner specials and Keno. Can't wait. Place will be packed I'm sure, no really it will be packed.

P.S. I love Sandy's assessment “The whole business plan is very impressive,". Sandy is easily impressed.

GoingCoastal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GoingCoastal » Mar Fri 16, 2012 1:25 pm

K-TownClown wrote: And Halfgood Cafe is just what Kingston needs. Fried chicken fingers, crappy pizza, $7 dinner specials and Keno. Can't wait. Place will be packed I'm sure, no really it will be packed.
I hope so. A live dog beats a dead lion and a busy Something beats a charred restaurant with a blue tarp on the roof and an empty parking lot.
Joe McDonald

K-TownClown
Visitor
Visitor

Post by K-TownClown » Mar Fri 16, 2012 1:38 pm

And fried chicken fingers, Keno and terrible pizza is beating a dead horse. Hope you enjoy, please write a review after your visit.

Roadking
Resident
Resident

Post by Roadking » Mar Fri 16, 2012 9:18 pm

I was only there a few times, but I liked Paisano"s. Granted I am not super fussy.

Bill

GoingCoastal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GoingCoastal » Mar Sat 17, 2012 8:03 am

Correction from the Kingston Reporter:

I think the correction was incorrect as well.
Joe McDonald

pat
Founder
Founder

Post by pat » Mar Sat 17, 2012 9:24 am

K-TownClown wrote:A staple on the Kingston restaurant scene? Really? Paisano's was a dump
I haven't been there in a while, but it definitely wasn't always that way. After they opened, they had some of the best food on the south shore, with everything on the menu under $10.

K-TownClown
Visitor
Visitor

Post by K-TownClown » Mar Sun 18, 2012 5:41 pm

"I haven't been there in a while, but it definitely wasn't always that way. After they opened, they had some of the best food on the south shore, with everything on the menu under $10."

Everything under $10.00 ? I'd say you haven't been there since 92' Pat.

Anyways, what's the story here? Articles have been removed from the Reporter site, headlines have changed here. Who's opening this place? Is it Sean Finn (manager of Halfway Cafe) opening this place or is he just a straw for Halfway. Maybe this is all part of the "impressive business" plan Sandy talks about.

GoingCoastal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GoingCoastal » Mar Mon 19, 2012 10:02 am

Anyways, what's the story here? Articles have been removed from the Reporter site, headlines have changed here. Who's opening this place? Is it Sean Finn (manager of Halfway Cafe) opening this place or is he just a straw for Halfway. Maybe this is all part of the "impressive business" plan Sandy talks about.
Apparently the Kingston Reporter article had bad info and they followed up with an equally bad correction.

I was asked to remove this thread which I won't do, but I can understand that it is frustrating for a new business to have bad info out there before they've had a chance to get their messaging together.

Hopefully they will send out some good (correct) announcements soon.
Joe McDonald

Greg Crowley
Resident
Resident

Post by Greg Crowley » Mar Mon 19, 2012 10:24 am

I heard good food cost less at the halfway cafe
April Cleaning Special
3 rooms and a hall $95.00
A room is up to 200 sq ft per room
http://www.marshfieldcarpetcleaning.com
781-837-5930

Finnas Tavern
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Finnas Tavern » Mar Mon 19, 2012 12:40 pm

OK, I am here to set the record straight. I was trying to have the topic removed because it discusses 1- The Halfway Cafe which we are not and 2- Paisanos being a dump and I don't want the south shore to think we are replacing one "dump" for another.

We are Finna's Tavern, the owner of Paisanos has sold his business to us and we have been approved from the town for the License transfer. There are 3 owners, Sean Finn, Trevor Penn and me, Sean's wife (Tammy). If you drive by you will see that we are totally gutting the place. We will be a local family restaurant/tavern/sports bar & grill. We Will not just be selling chicken tenders and pizza althought they will be on the menu (which is still being formed).

The Kingston reporter made alot of boo boo's in the paper and they are republishing it this week. I would be happy to answer any questions you have.

Thank you so much for reading!

GoingCoastal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GoingCoastal » Mar Mon 19, 2012 1:03 pm

Thanks for clearing that up, and I look forward to visiting.
Joe McDonald