Does anybody actually live in Kingston?

Kingston, yes, Kingston topics.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
Post Reply
goodguy
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 7374
Joined: Jun Thu 20, 2002 1:01 am

Does anybody actually live in Kingston?

Post by goodguy » Feb Wed 08, 2012 9:05 am

If so, do they care? Can they even use a computer? Is the Kingston forum even worth the cyberspace? Should I have posted this on the Marshfield side to even get a response? Kingston was always an odd duck of a town anyway. I think it was hatched from a square egg. Really wierd local politics. At least they rate a forum, Duxbury dosen't. There is a whole bunch of good fodder in Duxbury. Probably not many fodder shovelers though, not like in Mvegas.

User avatar
DTI
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 4830
Joined: Oct Mon 17, 2011 4:43 pm
Location: Marshfield

Re: Does anybody actually live in Kingston?

Post by DTI » Feb Wed 08, 2012 9:17 am

goodguy wrote:If so, do they care? Can they even use a computer? Is the Kingston forum even worth the cyberspace? Should I have posted this on the Marshfield side to even get a response? Kingston was always an odd duck of a town anyway. I think it was hatched from a square egg. Really wierd local politics. At least they rate a forum, Duxbury dosen't. There is a whole bunch of good fodder in Duxbury. Probably not many fodder shovelers though, not like in Mvegas.
GoingCoastal
The Republicans are the problem,
Ideologically extreme, scornful of compromise, unmoved by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science..

tqhx
Tourist
Tourist
Posts: 187
Joined: Apr Mon 23, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: Webster Square

Re: Does anybody actually live in Kingston?

Post by tqhx » Feb Wed 08, 2012 10:12 am

Well i was in marshfield when i joined this forums, but am now in Kingston. Its a great town i think, the forum just never picked up enough steam here =(

bluewater
Visitor
Visitor
Posts: 9
Joined: Dec Tue 13, 2011 11:08 am

Re: Does anybody actually live in Kingston?

Post by bluewater » Feb Tue 14, 2012 10:15 am

Have you looked at the Marshfield forum lately? It's a travesty. Each thread is only good for the first post. Then it devolves into the same handful of people calling each other names and running over the same ground. It's embarrassing to think that people might judge Marshfield by the clowns that post there. It's like walking into a dive bar in a small town and listening to all the old drunken codgers arguing....then assuming that's what the town is about. Fortunately the real Marshfield isn't anything like the Marshfield forum. If it was, I'd probably have to move to Kingston.

Good for Kingston residents for not going down that road. Lack of posts in a forum doesn't suggest that people don't live there or don't know how to use computers. It suggests that they have more productive ways to spend their time.

User avatar
TimeToRetire
Resident
Resident
Posts: 1706
Joined: Aug Fri 07, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: Does anybody actually live in Kingston?

Post by TimeToRetire » Feb Tue 14, 2012 2:25 pm

bluewater wrote:It suggests that they have more productive ways to spend their time.
Or they think Kingston just sucks and is not worth fighting for or talking about fixing. Unlike those drunken codgers and clowns (your words) in Marshfield that actually care about their town and are willing to go to the mat and fight (sometime nastily) for what they believe will make it better.

My opinion, of course

bluewater
Visitor
Visitor
Posts: 9
Joined: Dec Tue 13, 2011 11:08 am

Re: Does anybody actually live in Kingston?

Post by bluewater » Feb Tue 14, 2012 5:32 pm

TimeToRetire wrote: Or they think Kingston just sucks and is not worth fighting for or talking about fixing. Unlike those drunken codgers and clowns (your words) in Marshfield that actually care about their town and are willing to go to the mat and fight (sometime nastily) for what they believe will make it better.

My opinion, of course
Name calling in internet forums isn't what I consider going to the mat and fighting for anything. That's all that happens in the Marshfield forum.

There's plenty of hard work going on in Kingston and Marshfield by people who are committed to the things they believe will make their towns better. But that work is going on the real world not in these forums.

User avatar
TimeToRetire
Resident
Resident
Posts: 1706
Joined: Aug Fri 07, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: Does anybody actually live in Kingston?

Post by TimeToRetire » Feb Tue 14, 2012 6:16 pm

bluewater wrote:
TimeToRetire wrote: Or they think Kingston just sucks and is not worth fighting for or talking about fixing. Unlike those drunken codgers and clowns (your words) in Marshfield that actually care about their town and are willing to go to the mat and fight (sometime nastily) for what they believe will make it better.

My opinion, of course
Name calling in internet forums isn't what I consider going to the mat and fighting for anything. That's all that happens in the Marshfield forum.

There's plenty of hard work going on in Kingston and Marshfield by people who are committed to the things they believe will make their towns better. But that work is going on the real world not in these forums.
Ya'sure? I think not. Just my opinion, of course.

goodguy
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 7374
Joined: Jun Thu 20, 2002 1:01 am

Re: Does anybody actually live in Kingston?

Post by goodguy » Feb Wed 15, 2012 5:47 pm

Hey BW, would you know humor if it landed on you?

User avatar
TimeToRetire
Resident
Resident
Posts: 1706
Joined: Aug Fri 07, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: Does anybody actually live in Kingston?

Post by TimeToRetire » Feb Wed 15, 2012 7:34 pm

I think not....

bluewater
Visitor
Visitor
Posts: 9
Joined: Dec Tue 13, 2011 11:08 am

Re: Does anybody actually live in Kingston?

Post by bluewater » Feb Tue 21, 2012 9:57 pm

goodguy wrote:Hey BW, would you know humor if it landed on you?
Yup. Certainly not missing any here though.

Wow 7,000 posts!! Congrats. Do you know what the outside looks like?

goodguy
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 7374
Joined: Jun Thu 20, 2002 1:01 am

Re: Does anybody actually live in Kingston?

Post by goodguy » Feb Wed 22, 2012 10:06 am

Ah, another slammer, with only 5 posts. You will fit right in here.

User avatar
Boodab
Tourist
Tourist
Posts: 220
Joined: May Fri 21, 2010 12:31 pm
Location: Highlands

Re: Does anybody actually live in Kingston?

Post by Boodab » Mar Fri 09, 2012 2:10 pm

bluewater wrote:
TimeToRetire wrote: Or they think Kingston just sucks and is not worth fighting for or talking about fixing. Unlike those drunken codgers and clowns (your words) in Marshfield that actually care about their town and are willing to go to the mat and fight (sometime nastily) for what they believe will make it better.

My opinion, of course
Name calling in internet forums isn't what I consider going to the mat and fighting for anything. That's all that happens in the Marshfield forum.

There's plenty of hard work going on in Kingston and Marshfield by people who are committed to the things they believe will make their towns better. But that work is going on the real world not in these forums.
You are quite right there Bluewater, frustrating to say the least how people attack/mock on the Marshfield forum if you dont share their ideals. Very constructive.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone......

User avatar
TimeToRetire
Resident
Resident
Posts: 1706
Joined: Aug Fri 07, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: Does anybody actually live in Kingston?

Post by TimeToRetire » Mar Fri 09, 2012 2:49 pm

Boodab wrote:
bluewater wrote:
TimeToRetire wrote: Or they think Kingston just sucks and is not worth fighting for or talking about fixing. Unlike those drunken codgers and clowns (your words) in Marshfield that actually care about their town and are willing to go to the mat and fight (sometime nastily) for what they believe will make it better.

My opinion, of course
Name calling in internet forums isn't what I consider going to the mat and fighting for anything. That's all that happens in the Marshfield forum.

There's plenty of hard work going on in Kingston and Marshfield by people who are committed to the things they believe will make their towns better. But that work is going on the real world not in these forums.
You are quite right there Bluewater, frustrating to say the least how people attack/mock on the Marshfield forum if you dont share their ideals. Very constructive.
OK, if that's the way you feel, then go here: http://www.dtiwebs.net/forums/

The troll-ish wacky left-wing Administrator says it's Fair and Balanced.... :^O

User avatar
DTI
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 4830
Joined: Oct Mon 17, 2011 4:43 pm
Location: Marshfield

Re: Does anybody actually live in Kingston?

Post by DTI » Mar Fri 09, 2012 3:03 pm

It is Fair and Balanced I will not cut people of because of their opinion but I will cut name calling and uncivil people.

User avatar
TimeToRetire
Resident
Resident
Posts: 1706
Joined: Aug Fri 07, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: Does anybody actually live in Kingston?

Post by TimeToRetire » Mar Fri 09, 2012 4:53 pm

DTI wrote:...I will cut name calling and uncivil people.
Well, then you will have "0" people.

Good luck with the "Pure As the Driven Snow" forum. Aught to be a real yaaawn-fest... :lol:

User avatar
DTI
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 4830
Joined: Oct Mon 17, 2011 4:43 pm
Location: Marshfield

Re: Does anybody actually live in Kingston?

Post by DTI » Mar Fri 09, 2012 5:13 pm

TimeToRetire wrote:
DTI wrote:...I will cut name calling and uncivil people.
Well, then you will have "0" people.

Good luck with the "Pure As the Driven Snow" forum. Aught to be a real yaaawn-fest... :lol:
Not a problem because I do it for fun and not for $

User avatar
GoingCoastal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3781
Joined: Aug Thu 17, 2000 1:01 am
facebook ID: 1381994333
Location: Kingston MA
Contact:

Re: Does anybody actually live in Kingston?

Post by GoingCoastal » Mar Fri 09, 2012 5:24 pm

Not a problem because I do it for fun and not for $
Is there something implied in that message? Are you looking to get your money back?
Joe McDonald

User avatar
DTI
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 4830
Joined: Oct Mon 17, 2011 4:43 pm
Location: Marshfield

Re: Does anybody actually live in Kingston?

Post by DTI » Mar Fri 09, 2012 5:43 pm

GoingCoastal wrote:
Not a problem because I do it for fun and not for $
Is there something implied in that message? Are you looking to get your money back?
No such implication.

All I said is that I build web sites for friends for myself for free and for my pleasure it keeps me equipped and I learn every day something new that is all.

I don't know why you guys make thing out of nothing.

But I don't know that it is against the law to do that, or is it?

User avatar
DTI
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 4830
Joined: Oct Mon 17, 2011 4:43 pm
Location: Marshfield

Re: Does anybody actually live in Kingston?

Post by DTI » Mar Fri 09, 2012 6:13 pm

GoingCoastal wrote:
Not a problem because I do it for fun and not for $
Is there something implied in that message? Are you looking to get your money back?
If you are not convinced check here.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32602#p464749

User avatar
GoingCoastal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3781
Joined: Aug Thu 17, 2000 1:01 am
facebook ID: 1381994333
Location: Kingston MA
Contact:

Re: Does anybody actually live in Kingston?

Post by GoingCoastal » Mar Fri 09, 2012 6:32 pm

DTI wrote: No such implication.

All I said is that I build web sites for friends for myself for free and for my pleasure it keeps me equipped and I learn every day something new that is all.

I don't know why you guys make thing out of nothing.

But I don't know that it is against the law to do that, or is it?
Why is it that, away from politics, you can string together a few sentences with decent grammar and spelling, but on the political threads you can only respond with a crappy .gif, some misspelled words and an insult or two?
Joe McDonald

User avatar
DTI
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 4830
Joined: Oct Mon 17, 2011 4:43 pm
Location: Marshfield

Re: Does anybody actually live in Kingston?

Post by DTI » Mar Fri 09, 2012 7:06 pm

GoingCoastal wrote:
DTI wrote: No such implication.

All I said is that I build web sites for friends for myself for free and for my pleasure it keeps me equipped and I learn every day something new that is all.

I don't know why you guys make thing out of nothing.

But I don't know that it is against the law to do that, or is it?
Why is it that, away from politics, you can string together a few sentences with decent grammar and spelling, but on the political threads you can only respond with a crappy .gif, some misspelled words and an insult or two?
Joe,
Why is it that, away from politics, you can string together a few sentences with decent grammar and spelling
I don't know about you, but I think in 6 languages and some times the sentences don't come out correct that is why if you have noticed my signature:
When I'm not in my right mind ~ my left mind gets pretty crowded.
but on the political threads you can only respond with a crappy .gif, some misspelled words and an insult or two?
Just one example but if you would like to see more I can oblige:
-----------------------------------------
MCasper

Every thing you just posted is a lie ... If you actually care.

Why are you still here?
-----------------------------------------------
Now you tell me who is Flaming
---------------------------------------------------

By the way the link to Main Forum takes you to Active topics
Board index » Main Forums

User avatar
GoingCoastal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3781
Joined: Aug Thu 17, 2000 1:01 am
facebook ID: 1381994333
Location: Kingston MA
Contact:

Re: Does anybody actually live in Kingston?

Post by GoingCoastal » Mar Fri 09, 2012 8:29 pm

You did not answer the question, you complained that "he did it too".

First of all, saying that what you posted is a lie, is not flame. It could actually be true, and if that were me, instead of posting a crappy .gif or insinuating that the other person wants his daughters to videotape their sex lives, I would point out what, if any, of my post was in fact accurate.

I have no doubt that you can find plenty of "flame" throughout the history of the forum, some of it from me. But what gets noticed is flame that is repetitive, especially if that is all that a member seems to contribute.

Back in the hockey days when I got called for a penalty and tried the "why aren't you calling that on the other team" trick, I would usually get "did I just see you do that or did I not?". As Max said, take care of your own posts, report what you think is flame WHEN IT HAPPENS, and we'll al be just dandy.
Joe McDonald

User avatar
DTI
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 4830
Joined: Oct Mon 17, 2011 4:43 pm
Location: Marshfield

Re: Does anybody actually live in Kingston?

Post by DTI » Mar Fri 09, 2012 9:02 pm

Joe,
As I have said before it is you site and you can run it as you wish.
But when all this guys jump on you and call you names and all they try is to provoke you in saying something so that they can report you, that is Flaming.

Now You tell me where was I Flaming in this post?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32694&p=465874#p465872

All I did is post another person that was steeling from the state and living high.
And for that ( MCasper ) reported me as a flaming.
I was replying to ( JIMD ) when ( MCasper ) jumped in.
I may be wrong but you check it out and let me know.

Post Reply