Zoning board approves Modera

Marshfield related issues.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
Seahag
Transient
Transient

Re: Zoning board approves Modera

Post by Seahag » Nov Fri 24, 2017 1:27 pm

I am glad to hear that you also have trouble understanding where Eric is coming from or going to. As well, bobcat and I do not know each other or always agree! I think that's what is valuable about this forum. An exchange of thoughts and opinions, agreeing and disagreeing!
Anyway, I am not always running interference for the town government. I don't like to hear the bashing of town officials, elected, appointed, or paid professionals for no particular reason other than someone doesn't like Democrats or whatever. I am actually quite concerned about our town government right now and where it is going. And I will call out those in it who have appeared at meetings, as Steve Robbins did last week at the CRC, and criticize them if that is what I am opining (if that is even a word!).

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Nov Fri 24, 2017 3:50 pm

Let me give that a big YAWN as well.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Nov Sat 25, 2017 8:17 am

Eric - Here is your chance to clarify your position and prove us wrong. I hope you do.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Nov Sat 25, 2017 3:32 pm

Vlad_Rap,
Could you please be more descriptive in your request of me to clarify my position?
Be more than happy to answer I just want to make sure what it is you are talking about.
Thanks.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Nov Tue 28, 2017 7:15 am

No Eric. There is really no telling, at this point, what I would be getting myself into. You will have to do your own heavy lifting.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Nov Tue 28, 2017 11:32 am

I don't even know what your talking about.
you have my curiosity though.
Must be good.
Oh well, turn the page and move on.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Nov Tue 28, 2017 5:44 pm

Of course you don't Eric. That is the problem.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Nov Tue 28, 2017 9:18 pm

Your right. That is the problem. I don't know.
If you know then please feel free to explain. If not, move on.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Nov Wed 29, 2017 8:54 am

You need to learn how to finish a conversation, Eric, and not just deflect the question back to the other person. Or say, move on. That indicates to me that you don't want a conversation in the first place.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Nov Wed 29, 2017 7:36 pm

Well yea, if you can't tell me what it is in first place then there is no need to further conversation.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Nov Thu 30, 2017 8:52 am

Okay, so let's just get back on track here, and talk about the subject at hand - ZBA approves Modera. I believe you said in one of your posts that there might be an issue with the leaching field and that would mean that the project could not go forward. Could you please explain in further detail what makes you think that? Seriously.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Nov Thu 30, 2017 10:21 am

Seahag wrote:
Nov Thu 30, 2017 8:52 am
Okay, so let's just get back on track here, and talk about the subject at hand - ZBA approves Modera. I believe you said in one of your posts that there might be an issue with the leaching field and that would mean that the project could not go forward. Could you please explain in further detail what makes you think that? Seriously.
Seahag I would love him to explain this also because the waste water is treated before it gets to any type of leaching into the ground.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Nov Thu 30, 2017 11:31 am

Nope, I don't believe I said project could not go forward. Just said there might be an issue with leaching field.
Though, I was recently told that soil was moved around up there to make area a higher level. So, depending how deep they go for a test they may not go deep enough to the depth of concern.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Nov Thu 30, 2017 1:54 pm

Eric K do you have know how deep you have to dig to hit the water table in that area of town ?

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Nov Thu 30, 2017 3:05 pm

So, what might the issue become with the leaching field? Who is doing these test borings? You say "soil was moved around....and they may not go deep enough...." Who is they? Who is doing this test? Is it a perc test? Why would that be done now, after the Modera folks have paid $500,000 for the land?
Still not clear to me what you are trying to say or where you are going with it or why?
Could you pls clarify? Thanks for your help in this matter.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Nov Thu 30, 2017 4:51 pm

I am hearing 90 ft. you have to dig down to hit water..
I do not know who is doing the work. Does it matter?
All I know is it was mentioned that the soil make up may not be conducive for a leaching area.
That is it.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Nov Thu 30, 2017 5:33 pm

Eric K wrote:
Nov Thu 30, 2017 4:51 pm
All I know is it was mentioned that the soil make up may not be conducive for a leaching area.
That is it.
i heard that they planned to install a well for irrigation purposes.
Why do so many officials FEAR and kowtow to the Marshfield Airport gang?

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Nov Thu 30, 2017 6:22 pm

Eric, it doesn't matter a fig to me who is doing the work. My question is - what does it matter to you and why?? That is the question that you don't answer. Are you trying to interfere with the project in some way? b/c that's what it sounds like. but you are not an engineer, I don't think. so what is your concern and your making a big deal out of it? no one else is.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Nov Thu 30, 2017 7:59 pm

Joseph wrote:
Nov Thu 30, 2017 5:33 pm
Eric K wrote:
That is it.
i heard that they planned to install a well for irrigation purposes.
so what most wells today for personal use are down about 200 ft or more or even into a fissure into the bedrock. Also if they only drill to 90+feet there is no problem . They could list the well as a non-potable water source.
Last edited by bobkat on Nov Thu 30, 2017 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Nov Thu 30, 2017 8:02 pm

Eric K wrote:
That is it.
so the pathogens that in the waste water will die after only traveling 20 feet is soil or dirt. There is no way the leaching fields will cause any problem to the town water.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Dec Fri 01, 2017 8:12 am

bobkat wrote:
Nov Thu 30, 2017 8:02 pm
Eric K wrote:
That is it.
so the pathogens that in the waste water will die after only traveling 20 feet is soil or dirt. There is no way the leaching fields will cause any problem to the town water.

I will pay to watch bobkat drink water taken from a point 21 feet away from an active leach field.

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Dec Fri 01, 2017 8:39 am

It's not a well for drinking water; it is an irrigation well, as Joe clearly wrote several posts back, unlike Eric's clearly oblique answer to the same question.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Dec Fri 01, 2017 9:17 am

Joseph wrote:
Dec Fri 01, 2017 8:12 am
bobkat wrote:
Eric K wrote:
That is it.

I will pay to watch bobkat drink water taken from a point 21 feet away from an active leach field.
Joseph. you find and active leaching field that meets Title V. I will take your money and you can watch me have a nice glass of water. Remember the only pathogens that hurt humans are know as waterborne pathogens. Joseph you are not that smart.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Dec Fri 01, 2017 9:23 am

Seahag,
The project is way too big. If the area where the leaching field is suppose to be can not adequately drain the waste water from all the units that are to built then maybe it will have to be downsized.
If there was a legal way to interfere with the project to be built then yes I would interfere with it.
People did make a big deal of it. You remember all those people at the meeting? I am sure you were not there.
I am sure the closest you have become involved in the town is looking out your window while banging away at your keyboard.
This project could have big impacts on the town.
In regards to Joe's comments to Bobkat i think it should be 20.1 ft.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Dec Fri 01, 2017 9:24 am

Seahag wrote:
Dec Fri 01, 2017 8:39 am
It's not a well for drinking water; it is an irrigation well, as Joe clearly wrote several posts back, unlike Eric's clearly oblique answer to the same question.
Seahag if your posting is pointed at myself. I don't care if you call it what ever . Let me point it out to you that a well has to have a permit by the board of health in Marshfield. You can not just go drill a well and call it an irrigation well. It has to be tested before put in use.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Dec Fri 01, 2017 9:33 am

Eric K wrote:
Dec Fri 01, 2017 9:23 am
Seahag,
The project is way too big. If the area where the leaching field is suppose to be can not adequately drain the waste water from all the units that are to built then maybe it will have to be downsized.
If there was a legal way to interfere with the project to be built then yes I would interfere with it.
People did make a big deal of it. You remember all those people at the meeting? I am sure you were not there.
I am sure the closest you have become involved in the town is looking out your window while banging away at your keyboard.
This project could have big impacts on the town.
In regards to Joe's comments to Bobkat i think it should be 20.1 ft.
Eric K. you are so out in left field. even before this project got approved. This company hire another company that specialized in sanitary engineering. The sanitary engineering company designed a system with a package treatment plant with leaching field that meets the needs of this project. If they couldn't build one the project would have been down sized by now. Be honest you don't want people that can't afford to buy a house to live in Marshfield. You are practing a form of segregation .

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Dec Fri 01, 2017 10:32 am

Don't rich liberal democrats segregate all the time with gated communities and other methods to keep lower paid people from moving into a neighborhood, liberals want working class people to make the changes. Not them
Good Dog

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Dec Fri 01, 2017 11:54 am

Why am I not surprised Bobkat went down that road.
You are a piece of work.
Do us all a favor and and find another forum to spew your stupidity.
New screen name for new forum: DUMB@$$

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Dec Fri 01, 2017 2:30 pm

Treatment Plants are , in effect , putting the quality of our water into private hands. We would have to trust who ever it is to maintain the plant and the emergency power source for times when the main power goes out. Private interests will do the very minimum to maintain these filtration plants over the years. How many treatment plants will it take to accommodate all the 40B projects we can cram onto that 139 corridor? What are the chance at least one of these plants is down at any given time?

Treatment plants are the only way 139 is going to get developed. Townspeople will never vote at Town Meeting for a sewer expansion to Pembroke. Then again if we vote for a town manager in January we no longer have a vote at town meeting. Chances for a Pembroke sewer expansion and many more 40B projects would improve immensely

You can argue that town sewerage to Pembroke would solve the water problem. But it also would allow for many more 40B apartment projects to shoot up in a given area of land. Developers would would have to look all over creation to find enough warm bodies to occupy all of them. That is the other side of the coin.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Dec Fri 01, 2017 5:25 pm

bobkat wrote:
Dec Fri 01, 2017 9:17 am
Joseph wrote:
Dec Fri 01, 2017 8:12 am
bobkat wrote:

Joseph. you find and active leaching field that meets Title V. I will take your money and you can watch me have a nice glass of water. Remember the only pathogens that hurt humans are know as waterborne pathogens. Joseph you are not that smart.
Oh, so now bobkat is attaching conditions before he will drink water from the ground 20+ feet from a leaching field.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Dec Fri 01, 2017 6:29 pm

You are unbelievable, Eric, and the king of dumb a****, if there ever was one. And a misogynist. Unbelievable. And totally disrespectful of anyone who takes a different view than yours. I guess that's what you get from an inner city parochial school education, which seems to be your claim to fame.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Dec Fri 01, 2017 7:57 pm

Vlad_Rap wrote:
Dec Fri 01, 2017 2:30 pm
Treatment Plants are , in effect , putting the quality of our water into private hands. We would have to trust who ever it is to maintain the plant and the emergency power source for times when the main power goes out. Private interests will do the very minimum to maintain these filtration plants over the years.
Vlad_Rap sorry to say but you don't know what you are talking about. This project is going to have a package treatment plant. Most likely like the one at Marshfield High school. Could you give me idea what type of filtration plant would be used for waste water. Maybe you could teach me something about potable water treatment and waste water treatment. Maybe I should go get a license to work in this field of business. There must be money to be made .

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Dec Fri 01, 2017 8:01 pm

Eric K wrote:
Dec Fri 01, 2017 11:54 am
Why am I not surprised Bobkat went down that road.
You are a piece of work.
Do us all a favor and and find another forum to spew your stupidity.
New screen name for new forum: DUMB@$$
Eric K. like Vlad_Rap you know nothing about treating water (Potable or Waste). Why aren't you a consultant for companies that need this expertise in water. Again please tell us the real reason you are against all 40b's.

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Dec Sat 02, 2017 6:58 am

There were water "experts" working on the water systems in Flint, people died and countless have been permanently damaged. W
Good Dog

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Dec Sat 02, 2017 8:58 am

JIMD wrote:
Dec Sat 02, 2017 6:58 am
There were water "experts" working on the water systems in Flint, people died and countless have been permanently damaged. W
JIMD. yea you are correct but those so called experts came from Gov Rick Snyder admin. They cause the problem by changing the water source to save a buck. The person that made the decision was not a expert in the water field. The source was change from Detroit to the Flint River. Before you post crap at least try to make believe you know what you are talking about.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Dec Sat 02, 2017 9:02 am

Joseph wrote...
Its like he thinks there is some sort of magical barrier against polutants at 20ft that never changes over time. That kind of static thinking gets us contaminated aquifers but may also buy us some time to negotiate for emergency MWRA water. Some think the money to be made is worth it.

JIMD wrote...
There were water "experts" working on the water systems in Flint, people died and countless have been permanently damaged.
Couldn't happen here. We're going to get a "package treatment plant" -whatever that is.

Bobcat wrote..
Vlad_Rap sorry to say but you don't know what you are talking about. This project is going to have a package treatment plant. Most likely like the one at Marshfield High school. Could you give me idea what type of filtration plant would be used for waste water. Maybe you could teach me something about potable water treatment and waste water treatment. Maybe I should go get a license to work in this field of business. There must be money to be made .
What does this collection of smart ass remarks and odd bits of information have to do with what I posted?

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Dec Sat 02, 2017 9:43 am

Vlad_Rap wrote:
Dec Sat 02, 2017 9:02 am
Joseph wrote...
Its like he thinks there is some sort of magical barrier against polutants at 20ft that never changes over time. That kind of static thinking gets us contaminated aquifers but may also buy us some time to negotiate for emergency MWRA water. Some think the money to be made is worth it.
Again you show that you do not know what you are talking about. You have no idea what pathogens are. leaching fields kill pathogens. They the pathogens can not live out of water .That is where the term waterborne is used. Yes water becomes potable after running through a leaching field.

The nearest city the gets there water from the MWRA is Quincy. How are we going to hook up to the MWRA?

Vlad_Rap wrote:

JIMD wrote...
There were water "experts" working on the water systems in Flint, people died and countless have been permanently damaged.
Couldn't happen here. We're going to get a "package treatment plant" -whatever that is.
Again you should not open your mouth . It just shows that you are not that bright.

Vlad_Rap wrote:

Bobcat wrote..
What does this collection of smart ass remarks and odd bits of information have to do with what I posted?
Vlad_Rap. My remarks are smart but not smart ass. Tell me you background in the water industry and then I will tell you mine. I laugh so hard when I read yours and Eric K that you both think you are experts in this field. I can say I am an expert in the water industry

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Dec Sat 02, 2017 9:51 am

Before you have a glass of water from the ocean, boil it to kill the pathogens.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Dec Sat 02, 2017 9:55 am

Joseph wrote:
Dec Sat 02, 2017 9:51 am

boiling ocean water does not make it potable. Collecting the steam from the boiling ocean water and letting condense back into water .That water is potable. Know wonder why you can get a job in the science fields. You are dumb.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Dec Sat 02, 2017 10:25 am

bobkat wrote:
Dec Sat 02, 2017 9:55 am
Joseph wrote:
Dec Sat 02, 2017 9:51 am

boiling ocean water does not make it potable. Collecting the steam from the boiling ocean water and letting condense back into water .That water is potable. Know wonder why you can get a job in the science fields. You are dumb.
You mean that there are OTHER qualities or aspects of water besides pathogens that affect it's potability?

Geee....

Tell us more, Mr. Expert.